The insurers role in avoiding the next big source of systematic risk in the financial system.
InsuranceERM and Environmental Finance are pleased to announce the inaugural Insurance & Climate Risk conference, taking place on 15 November at the Merchant Taylors Hall in London.
Insurance is one of the industries that could be most affected by climate change due to what it insurers and what it invests in, so the aim of this conference is to bring together departments on both sides of the insurer’s balance sheet so that they can discuss and learn what roles they can play in response to climate risk.
The conference features lively panel discussions, in-depth insights and keynote presentations on topics such as:
Special insight presentations:
- State of play of the global climate response at an international, political and sector level
- The disruptive cascade effect of physical environmental risks: impact on insurance risk and global industry
- Modelling physical environmental risks: the challenge of combining climate risk modelling with Nat Cat modelling
- True asset valuation: stranded assets; assessing and addressing transition risk
- Steps towards incorporating ESG considerations into the investment decision
- The reinsurers panel
- Overview of opportunities for the insurer as a result of climate change
- Investing in renewables
- Investing in green bonds - making green bonds more accessible
If you book before 29 September you will receive a 20% early bird discount plus:
- Environmental Finance subscribers receive a further 40% discount. The discount will be automatically applied when subscribers are logged in.
- InsuranceERM subscribers receice a further 40% discount (for more information, please contact email@example.com)
- Insurance Asset Risk suscribers subscribers receice a further 40% discount (for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)