Environmental Finance is pleased to announce that the 3rd annual Water: Risk, Opportunities and Sustainability conference will take place in London on 18th April 2018, at the London Stock Exchange.
Against a backdrop of population growth, industrialisation and climate change, competition for water from communities and business will increase dramatically in the next few years. Exposure to embedded water risk in the portfolio pose a significant challenge to investors, particularly those looking for attractive returns in the long run.
Last year over 150 delegates participated in the debate. This year’s conference will analyse water-risk topics for investors eager to discover and price water risks in the portfolio. Additionally, it will discuss the opportunities in water investment such as rehabilitation and new builds of infrastructure and water utilities globally, coupled with analysis of financing structures, to provide insights for helping to shape investment strategy in the future.
Topics covered include:
- Water security, climate and business continuity
- Approaches to Investing in water
- Water risks within the portfolio
- Assessing and managing corporate water footprint
- The new approach to water risk analysis in insurance – Big data versus historical data
- Water infrastructure and utilities opportunities
- Presentation: Opportunities in blended finance, SDGs and water investments
- Financial instruments for water sustainability
- Creating opportunity from water scarcity – Investing in water-technology companies
- Institutional investors – pension funds, endowment funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, commercial banks, mutual funds, and hedge funds – Head of Research, Director of Research
- Regulators, Quangos & NGOs – Programme Manager, Policy Manager
- Financial Services – Financial indices, credit rating, sustainability agencies and ESG data providers – Head of Research, Director of Research, Business Development
- Corporates – Head of Business Development, Investor Relations, Head of CSR, Head of Water Stewardship