ISS ESG - Climate Advisory Services
- Environmental data
- Advisory Services or Strategy Advisory
What data do you provide?
ISS ESG has extensive consultancy experience supporting investors with positioning themselves with respect to climate change and has worked with many clients in providing internal and external training and workshops. ISS ESG has a dedicated advisory team with extensive experience in creating and executing detailed project plans related to climate. Advisory services include the following:
- Climate change strategy development and implementation
- Investment products and benchmarks development
- Bespoke climate impact research
- Workshops and capacity building
- Climate-related reporting support
- Benchmarking of investment strategies
As part of its advisory service, ISS ESG provides internal stakeholder workshops to provide training and education on the outcome and results of the analysis of the investments. The objective is to equip the different stakeholders and different teams with detailed and specific knowledge regarding industry standards and frameworks and climate impact assessments of investments to enable them to apply the results and relevant data towards their daily business and decision making.
Advisory services are tailored to meet client needs.
Where and how do you source your data?
ISS ESG’s climate advisory team pulls the data and research output from its comprehensive Carbon & Climate Data, Climate Footprint and Climate Impact solutions. Please reference the source details outlined in ISS ESG’s description of each of these solutions.
Who are the data users?
Data is used by a broad range of institutional investors, asset managers, asset owners, fund managers, banks, government institutions, universities and research firms.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Pricing is based on the method by which data is delivered. ISS ESG can provide data via its proprietary platform, DataDesk, or via data feed. Pricing for this solution is available upon request.
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
- ISS ESG has substantial experience in providing ongoing advisory support. Through its dedicated climate team, ISS ESG has extensive consultancy experience supporting investors with positioning themselves with respect to climate change. Since its founding in 2010, the team has acted as a consultancy resource for numerous clients for topics around investments and climate change. ISS ESG has worked with many clients in providing reporting support, designing new investment strategies, internal and external training and workshops, portfolio offsetting, concept and design of climate-tilted investment strategies, voting and engagement support, and commissioned studies.
- ISS ESG is unique in combining one of the widest and deepest climate change data offerings in the market with a dedicated advisory and consulting team. While ISS ESG has competitors on the data-only side as well as on the consulting-only side, the combination of both gives ISS ESG a unique profile in the market. This allows ISS ESG to help clients turn their specific climate approach into data requirements, match it with the respective data and turn the data into actionable knowledge.
- ISS ESG’s dedicated team of climate specialists are industry leaders on climate change issues. The team has a deep familiarity of local market regulations and practices and emerging reporting initiatives. Members of the team have partnered in the 2° Investing Initiative, served as resources at various workgroups on financed emissions including the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative, assisted in the development of ISO standards, and contributed to the works of the TCFD.
Leverage @ISSESG’s variety of Climate Advisory Services, e.g.:
- #ClimateChange strategy development & implementation;
- Analysis of #climate impact, risk & opportunity across all asset classes; and
- #Investment product & metrics development