Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. - Shareholder Meeting Results
What data do you provide?
ISS’ Shareholder Meeting Results service provides easy access to meeting results, for deeper analysis and to compare upcoming meetings with past meeting results. The service collects and aggregates meeting results across all markets, allowing clients to easily bring data into client and proxy committee reporting as well as other daily workflows. Trend analysis reporting allows clients to compare results with policy recommendations and voting data.
ISS’ Shareholder Meeting Results data leverages ISS’ global operations infrastructure and local market research expertise to collect comprehensive real-time meeting results data from approximately 62,000 meetings across more than 115 global markets.
Key datapoints include:
- Pass/Fail summary for each voting agenda item
- Indicator of the level of results disclosed by the issuer
- Number of shares voted ‘with’ and ‘against’ management as well as abstain votes
- Percentage of shares voted ‘with’ management, ‘against’ management or abstained as compared to the number of shares voted at the meeting
- Flag indicating non-disclosure by issuer
- In the U.S., the number and percentage of shares voted for ‘Say on Pay’ 1-, 2- and 3-Year frequencies
- Flag whether the meeting was conducted by poll, show of hands or proxy
- Meeting results calculation method detailed for each market
Where and how do you source your data?
Data is driven by publicly disclosed sources including public disclosure, press releases and company web sites. Issuers typically disclose vote results to the public shortly after a shareholder meeting occurs.
Who are the data users?
Data is used by a broad range of institutional investors, asset managers, asset owners, fund managers, banks, government institutions, universities and research firms.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Pricing is based on the method by which data is delivered. ISS can provide data via its proprietary platform, DataDesk, or via data feed. Pricing for this solution is available upon request.
With over 10 years of vote results data, @issgovernance's Voting Analytics can help you monitor and analyze institutional voting policies, #shareholder meeting results and #voting patterns to surface trends and actionable insights.