ISS ESG - Custom Rating
What data do you provide?
ISS ESG’s Custom Ratings tool allows users to develop comprehensive custom ESG scoring models based on a broad range of responsible investment principles and user-defined criteria. By leveraging the wide range of near-time ESG and financial data available on ISS’ proprietary DataDesk platform, investors can quickly and efficiently rate companies with full control over model customization, including content selection and grouping, weighting and scoring at both the category and factor levels and defining companies for comparison.
Ratings can be used to compare a company to other companies in its industry, or to a broader set of companies, allowing investors to understand how a company performs in general and discern more subtle differences within a particular industry or group. This Custom Ratings tool further enables ISS ESG to work with clients to develop bespoke and holistic models of risk choosing from multiple factors and databases.
Where and how do you source your data?
Data is collected based on the sources and methodology used by each ISS ESG solution. ISS ESG data is typically derived from company filings, as well as ongoing event-driven data updates as reflected in public disclosure, press releases and company web sites.
Who are the data users?
Data is used by a broad range of institutional investors, asset managers, asset owners, fund managers, banks, government institutions, universities and research firms.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Pricing is based on the method by which data is delivered. ISS ESG can provide data via its proprietary platform, DataDesk, or via data feed. Pricing for this solution is available upon request.
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
- Superior flexibility and customization from start to finish. The Custom Ratings solution provides investors with full autonomy over the model customization process enabling investors to build a score or rating from the ground up, in line with their own investment philosophy. Clients can implement a truly bespoke scoring model by defining weights, scoring and content inclusion.
- High quality data. ISS ESG’s comprehensive methodologies are supported by strict internal quality management systems and are based on recognized value systems that are continuously adapted to the latest developments and insights in the field of sustainability. Additionally, for many data sets, assessments are underpinned by feedback from the evaluated companies, which are given the opportunity to comment on the preliminary results and to provide additional information.
- International expertise and local support. Exceptional client service is a hallmark of the ISS ESG business model with local research, consultants and operational support represented in a dedicated service team. The client support team builds the bridge for clients to the highly experienced team of analysts to help ensure that clients are supported by knowledgeable, skilled professionals to support business objectives.
- An integrated environmental, social and governance solution. The service combination of the various governance and responsible investment related services offered by ISS allows investors to address ESG challenges with one common approach and rely on global account management and research teams able to offer coherent and unified answers and solutions to their ESG needs. ISS ESG is a true one-stop shop, able to support investors across all ESG related topics.
- Workflow benefits from technological innovation. Through its proprietary online platform, DataDesk, clients have access to more than 7,000 data points across ESG/financial themes, allowing investors to view and screen data across companies, to search and view detailed profiles by company, or to monitor portfolios and watchlists.
Develop your own view on #ESG with the help of @ISSESG’s Custom Rating, a unique tool that enables #investors to create customized and flexible scoring models to evaluate and compare companies and issuers' performance across different content and criteria: https://www.issgovernance.com/esg/ratings/custom-esg-ratings/