Vigeo Eiris - Sustainable Development Goals Assessment
- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
Brief description of the data offering
- Our overall SDG assessment of companies is developed through a combined analysis of both the products that companies develop and the behaviour of companies on ESG issues.
- The SDG Assessment dataset provides 38 data-points per company:
- 10 numerical assessments (scores on a scale of 0-100)
- 28 qualitative assessments (qualifications on a scale)
- Each company is qualified in terms of its overall contribution to the SDGs (on a 5-point scale, from highly positive to highly adverse).
- Each company is also qualified on its contribution to 8 specific SDG themes. These have been developed by isolating the requirements for corporate action within the SDG framework. The themes are: Business Ethics, Governance, Social Welfare, Human Capital, Natural Capital, Healthy Lives, Development Tools, and Climate Change (qualified on a 5-point scale).
- In addition, the more granular underlying data behind each component of the assessment can also be provided to those clients who want a more expansive analysis.
- We can provide a Portfolio Analysis to investors interested in understanding their portfolios’ contribution to and alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Research is delivered monthly via our extranet platform (DataLab).
- Our SDG Assessment research covers a scope of 4800+ companies from Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Emerging Market regions.
Where and how do you source your data?
Vigeo Eiris collects and qualifies information published by and about the companies that it researches. The use of confidential information is prohibited. We use information from corporate reporting such as Annual Reports, Sustainability Reports, 10Ks, etc. We also collect information directly from companies via our proprietary VE Connect© platform. This platform provides them with transparent access to their research frameworks and allows them to integrate responses in a precise fashion. Information provided through this platform is not used if it is labelled as confidential. We also use information from public stakeholder sources (Business and Human Rights Resource Centre, OECD Contact Point, etc) including information that is provided to use through the partnership agreements that we have set up with specific international Trade Unions. Vigeo Eiris also uses the FACTIVA resource which provides research analysts with press material from over 30,000 online press sources.
Who are the data users?
The data is used by our global client base of investors for a range of purposes that include: portfolio analysis and reporting, portfolio alignment, thematic index and fund development, best in class, exclusion strategy development, and identification of investment opportunities aligned with the SDGs. The data can also be used by academic institutions for research and analysis purposes.
What is the cost for your data offering?
For more information about the pricing, please contact: email@example.com
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
- Product and Behaviour Lens: Our SDG Assessment takes an integrated analysis of both the products developed by companies as well as their behaviours, in order to build a comprehensive assessment on their contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals. First, we analyse whether companies are Acting Responsibly. This is done through an assessment examining the policies, systems, and results of companies across material ESG issues. Secondly, we assess whether they are Mitigating and Remediating Harm. This is done through an assessment of any controversies faced by the company, as well understanding whether they are involved in controversial activities that are fundamentally against the Sustainable Development Goals (Tobacco, Armament, etc). Third, we assess whether or not companies are developing Sustainable Opportunities. This is done through an assessment of the products and services they are developing.
- Transparency of Methodology: Data requires definition to be meaningful. All Vigeo Eiris research lines are accompanied by detailed Product Guides that outline the methodology and processes behind the development of the dataset. A Product Guide is available for the SDG Assessment product, as well as all the underlying products that contribute to this assessment.
- Quality Assured Research: In 2019, Vigeo Eiris became the first ESG rating agency to be awarded the ISO9001 certification for its methods and processes.
#Investors: Interested in gaining insights on your portfolio’s level of @UN_SDG achievements? Our Sustainable Development Goals Assessment benchmarks 4800+ companies on both their products & behaviour. Contact our #SDG experts @VigeoEiris #BecauseESGmatters https://bit.ly/2U67yEc