ISS ESG - ESG Fund Rating
- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
What data do you provide?
ISS ESG‘s Fund Rating solution is designed to provide investors with the data and analysis needed to understand the environmental, social, and governance performance of funds, as well as funds' performance relative to peers.
Covering more than 2,000 fund managers and 25,700 funds, ESG Fund Ratings provide a comprehensive evaluation of performance across major ESG themes including overall sustainability performance using ISS ESG’s comprehensive and integrated data sets:
- Best-in-class evaluation of sustainability performance using ESG Corporate Rating
- Adherence to international standards using Norm-Based Research
- Governance metrics using Governance QualityScore and Voting Analytics
- Climate Scenario Alignment using comprehensive in-house climate solutions
- Overall Impact based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Involvement in Controversial Weapons
- Exposure to Energy and Extractives issues
- Assessment of involvement in specific controversial sectors, products or services using Sector-Based Screening
ESG Fund Rating data includes over 700 data factors that provide insight into overall fund performance, including both a relative 1 to 5-star rating to easily compare the fund against peers and an absolute 0 to 100 ESG Performance Score to quickly measure overall sustainability performance. Funds that meet minimum criteria are awarded a “Prime” designation further highlighting sustainability leaders. Given the volume and depth of data factors available, clients will have the ability to screen, review, and assess fund ESG characteristics from every angle.
ISS ESG also offers Screening of Funds based on ISS ESG’s comprehensive screening services.
Where and how do you source your data?
ISS ESG Fund Ratings are informed by the underlying signals generated from supporting ISS ESG research products, including ESG Corporate Rating, Governance QualityScore, Norm-Based Research, Controversial Weapons Research, Sector-Based Screening, Energy and Extractives, SDG Impact Rating, SDG Solutions Assessment, Carbon Emissions, Climate Scenario Alignment, and Voting Analytics. Fund data, including holdings information, is provided by Refinitiv LIpper.
ISS ESG data is typically derived from company filings, as well as ongoing event-driven data updates as reflected in public disclosure, press releases and company web sites.
Who are the data users?
Data is used by a broad range of institutional investors, asset managers, asset owners, fund managers, banks, government institutions, universities and research firms.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Pricing is based on the method by which data is delivered. ISS ESG can provide data via its proprietary platform, DataDesk, or via data feed. Pricing for this solution is available upon request.
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
- Leverages leading in-house ESG ratings data. The ISS ESG Fund Rating data consists of selected data points from across ISS ESG’s leading ESG product solutions, including key ESG Rating signals and Voting Analytics.
- International expertise and local support. Exceptional client service is a hallmark of the ISS ESG business model with local research, consultants and operational support represented in a dedicated service team. The client support team builds the bridge for clients to the highly experienced team of analysts to help ensure that clients are supported by knowledgeable, skilled professionals to support business objectives.
- An integrated environmental, social and governance solution. The service combination of the various governance and responsible investment related services offered by ISS allows investors to address ESG challenges with one common approach and rely on global account management and research teams able to offer coherent and unified answers and solutions to their ESG needs. ISS ESG is a true one-stop shop, able to support investors across all ESG related topics.
- Workflow benefits from technological innovation. Through its proprietary online platform, DataDesk, clients have access to more than 700 fund-level data points and over 7,000 issuer data points across ESG/financial themes. This allows investors to view and screen data across funds, companies, and other issuers in an integrated environment; to search and view detailed fund and company reports; to quickly organize and export data for further analytics; and to monitor portfolios and watchlists.
Covering more than 2,000 fund managers & 25,700 funds, @ISSESG's ESG Fund Ratings provide a comprehensive evaluation of performance across major #ESG themes including overall sustainability performance using ISS ESG’s comprehensive & integrated data sets: