Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. - ESG Index Solutions
What data do you provide?
With over 25 years of experience of working with asset managers and asset owners, ISS ESG is a leading source for sustainable and responsible investment solutions. ISS ESG collaborates with index providers globally to develop innovative index solutions based on high quality, reliable, and relevant ESG data. ISS ESG’s index solutions allow investors to identify, benchmark, and track portfolio companies with superior ESG performance while successfully realizing their own index strategies. The ESG Index Solutions offering consists of turnkey and custom index solutions.
- Turnkey index solutions: Used to support benchmark series as well as thematic indices. Investors can license turnkey indices from global index providers, powered by comprehensive and high-quality ISS ESG data, enabling investors to benchmark and track the performance of their portfolio or create index-linked investment products.
- Solactive ISS ESG EU Climate Benchmark Index Series: tracks companies that meet the minimum requirements for climate benchmarks provided by the European Commission’s Technical Expert Group (TEG) on Sustainable Finance
- Solactive ISS ESG Beyond Plastic Waste Index: provides passive investors with an opportunity to invest in companies that are proactively focusing on plastic waste reduction
- Solactive ISS Low Carbon Index Series: designed to enable investors to decarbonize their portfolios, i.e. limit the exposure of their portfolios to climate-related risks, such as stricter regulations and physical damage, while participating in the low-carbon economic growth
- Solactive ISS ESG Screened Index Series: tracks various size and regional segments of the global capital markets, such as Developed Markets, Europe, Japan and the United States
- Solactive ISS Prime Rated ESG Index Series: The Solactive ISS Prime Rated ESG Index Series, tracks companies that achieve or exceed ambitious sector-specific performance requirements defined by the ISS ESG Corporate Rating. The index series currently tracks large and midcap companies across five regional segments: Global, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, U.S. and Europe.
- Coming Soon: SDG Impact Index
- Custom index solutions: Allows investors to combine ISS ESG’s proprietary data with an index provider of their choice. Investors can promote unique ESG strategies with broad insight and exclusive customized indices to meet individual investors’ objectives.
Where and how do you source your data?
Data is collected based on the sources and methodology used by each ISS ESG solution. ISS ESG data is typically derived from company filings, as well as ongoing event-driven data updates as reflected in public disclosure, press releases and company web sites.
Who are the data users?
Data is used by a broad range of institutional investors, asset managers, asset owners, fund managers, banks, government institutions, universities and research firms.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Pricing is based on the method by which data is delivered. ISS ESG can provide data via its proprietary platform, DataDesk, or via data feed. Pricing for this solution is available upon request.