ISS ESG - ESG Raw Data
- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
What data do you provide?
Through its ESG Raw Data, ISS ESG offers a data feed containing a selection of quantitative raw data factors that underpin the ESG Corporate Rating. The feed includes some 89 factors and 54 distinct raw data points. The full feed covers the entire Corporate Rating universe of over 10,600 corporate issuers, including some 6,800 listed companies.
Quantitative analysis: deep dive into the factors that drive ESG performance
Reporting: conduct impact measurement of funds based on absolute data
Examples of Covered Themes (with exemplary factors):
- Women in the executive management team
- Women in management positions
- Women in the overall workforce
- Energy use (in MWh)
- Energy use - Percentage of renewable energy sources
- Carbon intensity of energy generation (g/KWh)
- Average CO2 emissions (g/km) of new vehicle fleet (automobile)
- NOx emissions
- Employees with a permanent contract
- Ratio of CEO/Highest to Median/Average employee compensation
Waste & Water
- Total waste (t)
- E-waste collected (t)
- Hazardous waste (t)
- Freshwater use (m3)
Where and how do you source your data?
ISS ESG’s data collection and assessment process follows clearly documented rules and guidelines. The ISS ESG research team conducts systematic source monitoring to identify relevant information as it becomes available. Data is primarily sourced from publicly available information, including a company’s own disclosure, proxy statements, reputable news, governmental and international institutions, recognised international or local non-governmental organizations, and non-biased subscription databases.
Assessments undergo a rigorous data collection process, including peer review. Each service employs a specialised and distinct approach designed to ensure near complete coverage across companies, regardless of geography, industry or company size. In addition, for many data sets, the research team conducts fact-finding dialogue with companies to provide supplementary detail and confirmation of involvement.
Who are the data users?
Data is used by a broad range of institutional investors, asset managers, asset owners, fund managers, banks, government institutions, universities and research firms.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Pricing is based on the method by which data is delivered. ISS ESG can provide data via its proprietary platform, DataDesk, or via data feed. Pricing for this solution is available upon request.
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
- Leverages leading in-house ESG ratings data. The ESG Raw Data consists of selected data points from ISS ESG’s premier ESG Corporate Rating solution.
- International expertise and local support. Exceptional client service is a hallmark of the ISS ESG business model with local research, consultants and operational support represented in a dedicated service team. The client support team builds the bridge for clients to the highly experienced team of analysts to help ensure that clients are supported by knowledgeable, skilled professionals to support business objectives.
- An integrated environmental, social and governance solution. The service combination of the various governance and responsible investment related services offered by ISS allows investors to address ESG challenges with one common approach and rely on global account management and research teams able to offer coherent and unified answers and solutions to their ESG needs. ISS ESG is a true one-stop shop, able to support investors across all ESG related topics.
#Investors; need quantitative #data on gender equality and #energyefficiency?
@ISSESG's #ESG Raw Data covers these themes and more for the entire Corporate Rating universe of over 10,600 corporate issuers, including some 6,800 listed companies. https://www.issgovernance.com/esg/