ISS ESG - Stewardship Toolkit
Brief description of the data offering
ISS ESG is currently developing a Stewardship Toolkit including the following elements:
- Target company lists for thematic engagements: lists of low performing companies (for example, climate, biodiversity, gender, water, etc.) that can be targeted in engagement efforts.
- Engagement Topic reports: in-depth background information reports for thematic engagement (such as climate, biodiversity, gender, water) guiding investors on understanding the different topics, how to target companies, on which KPIs to engage with companies
- Main talking points, numbers, outline of problem
- Business case for investors (risks & opportunities)
- How companies contribute to the problem / solution
- Examples of outperformance
- Sources to go deeper
- Lists of NGOs involved and existing engagement initiatives
- Main asks & expectations for engaging with companies
- Issuer profiles: company reports containing all information on companies’ E,S and G performance, controversies summaries, benchmark information, analysts opinions, KPIs for engagement, etc.
Where and how do you source your data?
All data contained in the reports and data lists stems from ISS ESG’s research (ratings, controversies, climate). As such, data is primarily sourced from publicly available information, including a company’s own disclosure and reporting, proxy statements, reputable news, governmental and international institutions, recognised international or local non-governmental organizations, and non-biased subscription databases such as the CDP.
Who are the data users?
Data is used by a broad range of institutional investors, asset managers, asset owners, fund managers, banks, government institutions, universities and research firms.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Pricing is based on the method by which data is delivered. ISS ESG can provide data via its proprietary platform, DataDesk, or via data feed. Pricing for this solution is available upon request.
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
Insights from industry expertise. ISS ESG employs a dedicated Stewardship & Engagement team with more than 10 years of experience in ESG engagement services and an in-depth understanding of ESG issues and cross-topical expertise. The team is supported by ISS ESG’s global team of more than 460 ESG professionals located across across the globe. In addition, the team is backed by ISS’ 30 years’ experience in stewardship, governance research and voting.
Coming soon! @ISSESG is currently developing a #Stewardship Toolkit including the following elements:
- Target company lists for thematic engagements
- Engagement Topic reports
- Issuer profiles
Stay on top of the latest updates: https://www.issgovernance.com/esg/