Vigeo Eiris - ESG Research
- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
What data do you provide?
- Our ESG Research provides up to 270 data-points per company. Companies are assessed on an ESG framework of 6 Domains (Corporate Governance, Business Behaviour, Environment, Human Rights, Human Resources, Community Involvement) and up to 38 ESG criteria (e.g: Corruption, Executive Remuneration, Energy, Non-Discrimination etc).
- Companies are assessed within one of 40 sector customised frameworks.
- Companies are given a range of absolute scores on a scale of 0-100 as well as ratings (relative performance metrics).
- We provide a Portfolio Analysis services benchmarking the performance of Investor portfolios to multiple aspects of our ESG research framework.
- Research is delivered monthly in excel format via our extranet platform (DataLab).
- Research can also be delivered via an API to clients that request this service.
- Our ESG research covers a universe of 4800+ companies from Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Emerging Market regions.
Where and how do you source your data?
Vigeo Eiris collects and qualifies information published by and about the companies that it researches. The use of confidential information is prohibited. We use information from corporate reporting such as Annual Reports, Sustainability Reports, 10Ks etc. We also collect information directly from companies via our proprietary VE Connect© platform. This platform provides them with transparent access to their research frameworks and allows them to integrate responses in a precise fashion. Information provided through this platform is not used if it is labelled as confidential. We also use information from public stakeholder sources (Business and Human Rights Resource Centre, OECD Contact Point etc) including information that is provided to use through the partnership agreements that we have set up with specific international Trade Unions. Vigeo Eiris also uses the FACTIVA resource which provides research analysts with press material from over 30,000 online press sources.
Who are the data users?
The data is used by our global client base of investors for a wide range of purposes that include; portfolio analysis and reporting, portfolio alignment, index and fund development, best in class and exclusion strategies development. The data can also be used by academic institutions for research and analysis purposes.
What is the cost for your data offering?
From €8k upwards dependent upon the size of AUM of the client, and the depth, geographic breadth and thematic range of research data and coverage subscribed to.
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
- Highly Structured Approach: our ESG research goes beyond binary yes/no analysis applying a systematic three pillar analysis approach for analysing all ESG criteria. We systematically examine the Leadership (policies) – Implementation (processes and systems) and Results (KPI trend analysis) on every assessed ESG criterion ensuring that our scores integrate a 360-degree assessment of its sustainability approach.
- Back history and Dataset Stability: the core architecture of our ESG research has not changed since its conception meaning that our dataset provides a stable back history of data across our coverage.
- Risk & Materiality Approach: our materiality approach factors in both the impacts on companies as well as the impacts on stakeholders meaning that our metrics are accurate measurements of the sustainability risk that a company represents.
- Quant & Qual Approach: our ESG research balances quantitative and qualitative analysis ensuring both utility and depth for the user.
- Transparency of Process: though our online platform VE Connect, all companies see all the criteria, questions, indicators and controversies that are actively affecting their assessments. They also have a free text space to provide commentary to Vigeo Eiris in a precise manner on any element of the assessment. The interactions on this platform are permanently visible between the agency and the issuer ensuring that there is no ‘black box’ in our process.
- Quality Assured Research: In 2019, Vigeo Eiris became the first major ESG rating agency to be awarded the ISO9001 certification for its methods and processes.
@Vigeo Eiris rates 4800+ companies on their #sustainability performance using our exclusive #ESG methodology. Covering 6 domains, 38 sustainability drivers & 1,000+ data points per company. #BecauseESGmatters https://bit.ly/2MfpWsK