Beyond Ratings an LSEG business - Fixed Income ESG/Climate data
- Environmental data
- Governance data
- Indices/Exchange data
- Social data
Brief description of the data offering
Beyond Ratings, an LSEG business, is a highly regarded provider of sustainable investment data for fixed income and equity investors, providing innovative services to assist the financial sector in the transition towards a sustainable economy. Beyond Ratings leverages in-house expertise on climate/ESG, data science, and financial risk assessment for over 175 countries and 10,000 companies.
Our datasets cover ESG-augmented credit risk, ESG performance assessment, and advanced climate-related KPIs.
- ESG Factor-In
- Linking ESG and country economic performance in a single model
- Sovereign Climate KPIs
- Comprehensive database covering carbon footprint, physical climate and energy transition risk metrics
- Sovereign Risk Monitor
- ESG-augmented credit risk scores
The data offers solutions for:
- Carbon footprinting
- Climate scenario analysis
- Environmental impact analysis and insight
- Investment decisions and portfolio insight
- Nature-based information
- Nature-based information: Biodiversity
- Nature-based information: Land use
- Nature-based information: Oceans
- Nature-based information: Water
- Reporting: TCFD
- Reporting: UN SDGs
- Social impact analysis and insight
Where and how do you source your data?
Beyond Ratings climate and ESG data relies on public sources, such as the World Bank, IMF, and NGOs. A limited number of indicators are developed from data that is privately sourced (e.g. for energy, and/or financial information).
For our ESG-augmented credit assessment model, the data selection process is as follows:
- We retrieve all variables deemed important and/or that impact sovereign risk through academic literature and what could be done by the financial rating industry
- We test all variables in our econometric framework in order to better capture the explanatory power and additional information of each variable
- We retain the variables/indicators that have the most explanatory power considering our endogenous variable
Who are the data users?
- Financial institutions
- Asset owners
- Asset managers
- Academic institutions
What is the cost for your data offering?
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
Beyond Ratings provides sophisticated sustainable investment data sets across countries, the advanced metrics seek to bridge the gap between ESG and financial/economic analysis with a robust history of 20+ years to back test models and enhance investment processes.
Our flexible data allows you to integrate climate and ESG assessments into your investment processes by allowing you to measure carbon footprint of your sovereign portfolios, current temperature trajectories and gap to 2-degree scenarios based on Beyond Ratings’ proprietary metrics.
Bringing sustainability to fixed income investing. Beyond Ratings enables ESG integration into fixed income, assisting the financial sector in the transition towards a sustainable economy. https://refini.tv/3thp1vf.