Ethical Screening - Company Ethics Database
- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
- Negative screening, positive themes and SDG screening.
Brief description of the data offering
Since 1998 we have been giving critical insights into organisations that traditional financial metrics cannot provide. We help responsible investors align their investment strategies and principles through our client-focused research and analysis. We enable investors to identify:
- companies whose practices align with their personal values and beliefs
- companies whose vision or products are at odds with their principles
- businesses that are pro-actively creating positive social or environmental change
- companies that are addressing risk through good management or future-focused business practices
Managers can subscribe to our database to use our variety of tools including negative screening, ESG, positive themes and SDGs, alongside tailored customer service from our team.
Where and how do you source your data?
We have a dedicated and highly qualified team of researchers who collate information from many sources to build an accurate picture of a company’s operations, impacts and aims. We do not use questionnaires, preferring instead to scour company reporting alongside NGO criticism, news stories and controversies to build a 360-degree view. We then contact the company if there is information we cannot find from publicly available sources. We always take care to review information impartially, paying particular attention to the viewpoint and agenda of the author. The data we collect is analysed using standardised methods to ensure consistent and unbiased treatment of the information. We regularly review our research management system to ensure the efficacy of our procedures.
Who are the data users?
Ethical Screening's services provide individuals, charities, investment managers and financial advisers with the means to invest responsibly.
- Individuals and their financial advisors use our screening services to ensure their investments are aligned with their values.
- Charities and trusts use our services to ensure that the activities of the companies in which they invest do not conflict with their charitable aims and objects.
- Investment managers use our research and analysis to support responsible investment decisions for their ethical investment funds; and use our screening tools to provide ethical investment services to their clients.
With clients and users at all points in the financial value chain, we are uniquely positioned to develop bespoke screening services for our data users.
What is the cost for your data offering?
The price for database subscriptions is based on the number of companies required. One-off screens on a bespoke buy-list are priced accordingly and individual company reports are charged per request. For further information on our pricing please contact us.