Bloomberg - Sustainable Finance Solutions
- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
- Indices/Exchange data
- Verification/certification data
- Disclosure score
- Analyst research
- News coverage of ESG issues
What data do you provide?
Bloomberg’s relevant, actionable and comprehensive environmental, social and governance (ESG) data for more than 11,500 companies in 83 countries, with over 10 years of history, is at the heart of our sustainable finance solutions.
As with core financial indicators, Bloomberg offers key ratios and highlights the most material performance indicators allowing users to compare ESG and financial performance across companies.
The data is available as a feed from the Bloomberg Terminal alongside fundamental financial data. It is fully integrated with innovative Terminal analytics to support our clients’ end-to-end workflow.
In addition to ESG data, Terminal clients have access to Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) research on material ESG issues, access to breaking news, and BloombergNEF (BNEF) data, analysis and long-term forecasts on industries impacted by the energy transition.
In the index space, Bloomberg offers the Bloomberg Barclays MSCI ESG Fixed Income Indices, a family of indices that incorporate measures of ESG risk.
Where and how do you source your data?
Bloomberg captures ESG data from company financial filings, annual reports, CSR reports, company websites and other relevant releases. BNEF maintains up-to-date renewable energy project data and assets as well as project finance records through its strong industry relationships. In addition, we refresh company executive, board, and committee information daily based on news announcements and other public filings.
Who are the data users?
Our ESG data is used by investment professionals across buy-side and sell-side firms and within corporations and governments that leverage Bloomberg Professional Services. The financial services community incorporates our ESG data into their financial analysis to generate insights into risks and opportunities around the evolving global economy.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Access to our ESG data plus Bloomberg research, news and analytical tools is included in the cost of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s ESG data is also available as an enterprise data feed, designed to be used off-Terminal by multiple applications and people within an organization, on a different fee structure.
If you would like to learn more about our Bloomberg Professional Services, email us at email@example.com.
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
As one of the world’s leading financial data providers and a long-time advocate for improving the quality and usefulness of corporate sustainability disclosures, Bloomberg is a trusted and reliable source for ESG data. Bloomberg's core business is providing market transparency through data, news and analytics. We believe making data easily accessible, in meaningful formats and integrated into existing workflows, leads to more informed decision-making.
- Bloomberg’s ESG data stands out for its high quality and unmatched breadth and depth. We provide scrubbed, verified and continually updated and fully transparent ESG data for more than 11,500 companies that is ready to be incorporated into financial analysis. Bloomberg tracks 326 unique metrics and provides more than 900 ESG fields overall, including ratios and third-party ranks and scores.
- We have daily, granular governance data back to 2013 for nearly 4,500 companies.
- We also provide proprietary ESG data, such as our annual Gender-Equality Index.
- Bloomberg also helps users better interpret ESG data by providing independent ESG research and analysis on industries, companies and fund strategies from BI; research and long-term forecasts on industries impacted by the energy transition from BNEF; and market-leading news from Bloomberg Media and external sources. Our research and news teams cover topics driving financial and ESG performance, emerging technologies, sustainability debt and more. Users can customize their approach by using the resources that best align with their needs.
Our ESG data is fully integrated into the Bloomberg Terminal, which connects users to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas around the world. The data sits alongside our other sustainable finance products and analytical tools on the Terminal, which help users more easily consider ESG factors in their investment decision-making. These tools include security screening and portfolio analysis tools that highlight factors that most impact company performance.
Seize emerging opportunities and identify risks with Bloomberg's ESG data and sustainable finance solutions. https://bloom.bg/2XhgxBk