S&P Global Platts - Energy Transition
- Environmental data
- Indices/Exchange data
- Price Assessments and Analytics
What data do you provide?
The Platts Energy Transition service equips market participants with the tools needed to navigate the shift from carbon intensive fossil fuels to lower-carbon alternatives, analyzing the rate of change and the market developments of new technologies.
With a long history of providing world-class price assessments, news, and analytics, Platts gives crucial insight into the Energy Transition, providing the transparency and fundamental research needed to make long-term decisions with confidence.
Outlooks- Platts Analytics delivers outlooks and analysis on the long-term evolution of energy markets and associated impacts.
Energy Transition Analysis- With hundreds of analysts globally, Platts Analytics offers a unique view of integrated energy markets, along with new and upcoming technologies.
Global Integrated Energy Model-The Global Integrated Energy Model provides users with an interactive tool to study the evolution of the global energy system, enabling clients to analyze demand on a country, end use sector and individual energy carrier basis.
Price Assessments- Our price assessments across all relevant commodities give you the most detailed and connected view of the Energy Transition universe. Including, but not limited to assessments for hydrogen, carbon and LNG.
Latest Energy Transition News- The Platts news team provides up-to-date news across the energy mix related to the Energy Transition.
Emissions Market Analysis- Platts covers the latest news coming out of the compliance and voluntary carbon markets across the globe.
Hydrogen Production Database- The Platts Hydrogen Production database builds upon the expansive analytics offering already in place for the commodity.
Where and how do you source your data?
Outlooks, Energy Transition and Emissions Market Analysis:
- The essential insights from our analytics are based on a bottom-up approach to data analysis. We begin with raw data, then aggregate and align it to create context and isolate trends. Our analysts then model and analyze that information to create customized solutions tailored to your specific needs.
Global Integrated Energy Model:
- Sectoral energy requirements are calculated as a demand for energy services (industrial, buildings, transportation, power generation, petrochemicals)
- Updated monthly with our key assumptions aligned to GDP growth and supply and demand changes
- Consistency is brought to our Energy Transition price assessments through principles and parameters that guide our market specialists at every stage of the process.
- We engage with customers, market participants, industry organizations and regulators every day through forums, training sessions and one-on-one meetings. Active consultation enables us to develop methodologies that meet the markets’ needs and ensures that the IOSCO principles remain central to our approach.
Hydrogen Production Database:
- Updated daily, the Platts Hydrogen Production Database provides a comprehensive list of over 500 existing, in-development and planned hydrogen production facilities.
Who are the data users?
- Traders, analysts, risk managers, purchasing agents and other professionals at more than 12,000 public and private sector organizations in over 190 countries benefit from S&P Global Platts services. These organizations range from exploration companies, miners and refiners to end-users such as utilities, airlines, steel companies and auto manufacturers. They also include government agencies, financial institutions and professional service firms in law, engineering, consulting and asset management.