Inrate AG - ESG Impact Rating
- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
- Research data
Brief description of the data offering
Inrate is an independent Swiss ESG specialist since 1991. Inrate links its in-depth sustainability analysis with innovative data, research and services for the financial industry.
We provide high-quality ESG insights to make informed investment decisions.
Assessing the impact of companies’ products and activities on society and the environment and along entire value chain makes all the difference – double materiality provides the basis for long-term risk assessment and counteracts greenwashing.
- ESG Ratings apply to major asset classes i.e. equities, bonds, sovereign bonds.
- ESG data include Climate, SDG, Screenings, SFDR PAI, BMR-ESG, EU Taxonomy.
- Active Ownership services include Proxy Voting and Engagement solutions
- Consulting services include among others ESG integration, development of investment universe or specific thematic investments.
The data offers solutions for:
- Carbon footprinting
- Environmental impact analysis and insight
- Investment decisions and portfolio insight
- Nature-based information: Biodiversity
- Nature-based information: Land use
- Nature-based information: Water
- Reporting: EU Regulations
- Reporting: Impact
- Reporting: SFDR
- Reporting: UN SDGs
- Social impact analysis and insight
Where and how do you source your data?
Inrate owns and manages a ESG proprietary database for more than 4’500 entities. The data originates from Inrate’s own primary research of publicly available information. The assessment process is systematic and both quantitative and qualitative. We have a solid data process in place including a Product and Methodological Committee. There are quality controls on two levels: completeness and timeliness regarding the raw data (data team level), and second regarding classification and grades (analyst level). The rating is model based and sector specific. For screening controversies, we use as main sources NGO reports, search engine (e.g. factiva) and news. The different cases of controversial business practices involving companies are categorised and assessed by analysts and integrated into our ESG Impact Ratings.
Who are the data users?
- Asset managers
- Asset owners
- Pension funds
- Insurance companies
- Family offices
- Foundations and NGOs