Ethical Screening - Ethical Screening Portal
- Environmental data
- Governance data
- Social data
- Research data
- Negative screening
- Positive themes and analysis to the UN SDGs
Brief description of the data offering
The Ethical Screening Portal is an online resource for responsible investment professionals, enabling investment managers and financial advisers to successfully align clients' portfolios with their values, and research analysts to appraise suitable investments.
The Portal enables the user to:
- Understand ethical issues, ESG, positive impacts and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Search and analyse companies and responsible investment funds
- Review and download data, produce client facing reports and build portfolios
- Have informed conversations with clients based on their values and preferences
All companies are given an ESG score, underpinned by key performance indicators and supported by detailed research narrative in each area. The reporting tools and data downloads enable effective communication on companies and funds.
The data offers solutions for:
- Environmental impact analysis and insight
- Investment decisions and portfolio insight
- Nature-based information
- Nature-based information: Biodiversity
- Nature-based information: Land use
- Nature-based information: Water
- Reporting: Impact
- Reporting: UN SDGs
- Social impact analysis and insight
Where and how do you source your data?
We have a dedicated and highly qualified team of researchers who collate information from many sources to build an accurate picture of a company’s operations, impacts and aims. We do not use questionnaires, preferring instead to scour company reporting alongside NGO criticism, news stories and controversies to build a 360-degree view. We then contact the company if there is information we cannot find from publicly available sources. We always take care to review information impartially, paying particular attention to the viewpoint and agenda of the author. The data we collect is analysed using standardised methods to ensure consistent and unbiased treatment of the information. We regularly review our research management system to ensure the efficacy of our procedures.
Who are the data users?
- Financial institutions
What is the cost for your data offering?
The price for Ethical Screening Portal subscriptions is based on the number of companies and level of research required. One-off screens on a bespoke buy-list are priced accordingly and individual company reports are charged per request. For further information on our pricing please contact us.