RS Metrics - ESGSignals®
- Environmental data
- Asset-level environmental, climate, and physical risk data
Brief description of the data offering
ESGSignals® is the industry-leading geospatial analytics platform for providing asset-level, objective, verifiable and comparable environmental and climate physical risk data and metrics for companies. The physical assets are mapped back to its ownership, asset type, sector, country etc. making it possible to conduct: (i) risk profile comparisons for assets with similar attributes, (ii) company, industry, sector level risk evaluation, (iii) baselining and benchmarking, (iv) portfolio screening, monitoring and engagement and more. While the standard coverage for ESGSignals® is many global public companies with a focus on the most polluting and physical asset-intensive sectors (Energy, Utilities, Materials, Industrials etc.), we also allow the users to ‘Bring Your Own Assets’ (BYOA) data in the pre-defined format.
The data offers solutions for:
- Carbon footprinting
- Climate scenario analysis
- Environmental impact analysis and insight
- Investment decisions and portfolio insight
- Nature-based information
- Nature-based information: Biodiversity
- Nature-based information: Land use
- Nature-based information: Oceans
- Nature-based information: Water
- Reporting: CSRD
- Reporting: EU Regulations
- Reporting: Other Regulations
- Reporting: SFDR
- Reporting: TCFD
- Reporting: TNFD
- Reporting: UN SDGs
- Temperature alignment
- Transition plan assessments
- Filtering and customization depending on whether you are interested in company, industry or sector
- Single asset analysis of the metrics of a particular building, factory, storage facility, etc.
- Portfolio screening, monitoring, and engagement
Where and how do you source your data?
Raw data is sourced from various specialized satellite data vendors depending on the type of imagery necessary to create metrics. Satellite data is combined with geo-location, supply chain, aqueduct, ground water, surface water, land usage, vegetation index, land cover change, and biodiversity datasets. We do not provide the raw datasets used for creating a metric or score as this is acquired through negotiating commercial agreements with multiple third-party data providers.
ESGSignals® provides global coverage across multiple sectors and environmental themes (emissions, water stress, land usage, physical, and transition risks). Its biodiversity monitoring includes proximity and operations in world heritage sites, protected areas, rivers, wetlands, endangered species, indigenous area, and proximity to power lines based on geo-location.
Who are the data users?
- Financial institutions
- Rating providers
- ESG Ratings and Solutions Providers
- Index Providers
- Asset Managers
What is the cost for your data offering?
The pricing is listed here: https://console.cloud.google.com/marketplace/product/rsmetrics-public/rs_metrics_esgsignals_saas and https://5175451.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/5175451/ESGSignals/ESGSignals_Pricing/RS%20Metrics%20ESGSignals%20Google%20Cloud%20Marketplace%20Pricing.pdf