- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
What data do you provide?
ISS ESG’s Country Rating solution provides a highly relevant and material assessment of a country’s ESG performance. The rating comprises more than 100 quantitative and qualitative criteria and follows a profound methodology, reflecting global best practices as well as normative considerations. Coverage includes more than 60 countries globally.
The sustainability performance of countries is analysed via two dimensions and six categories:
Social & Governance Rating
- Political System/Governance
- Human Rights/Fundamental Freedoms
- Social Conditions
- Natural Resources
- Climate Change/Energy
Where and how do you source your data?
ISS ESG’s Country Ratings are based on a variety of trustworthy sources, including:
- Supranational organisations such as the UN Development Programme, World Health Organisation, and International Labour Organisation
- Public authorities such as the US State Department and German Foreign Affairs Department
- Non-governmental organisations such as Amnesty International, International Trade Union Confederation, Transparency International, and Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
Direct contact via telephone or e-mail is conducted only occasionally if data is ambiguous or if more background information is necessary.