- Environmental data
- Social data
What data do you provide?
ISS ESG’s Sustainability Solutions Assessment provides investors with qualitative analysis and quantitative scores and revenue data regarding the impact of a company’s product and service portfolio towards 15 environmental and social objectives closely aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Social objectives and corresponding UN Sustainable Development Goals include:
- Alleviating poverty
- Combating hunger/malnutrition
- Ensuring health
- Delivering education
- Attain gender equality
- Providing basic services
- Safeguarding peace
Environmental objectives and corresponding UN Sustainable Development Goals include:
- Achieving sustainable agriculture/forestry
- Conserving water
- Contributing to sustainable energy use
- Promoting sustainable buildings
- Optimising material use
- Mitigating climate change
- Preserving marine ecosystems
- Preserving terrestrial ecosystems
Where and how do you source your data?
The analysis is based on the percentage of revenues generated by a company from material products and services, using the following assessment of publicly available information:
- Reported sales revenue: Exact value of net sales generated with relevant products and/or services reported by the company.
- Proxy-based estimated sales revenue: Share of net sales generated with relevant products and/or services estimated with "high" or "medium" certainty.
- Industry knowledge-based estimations: No information disclosed regarding the share of revenue derived from products and/or services within the portfolio, and no concrete evidence available that would allow for an estimation with a higher certainty level.