Drawing on our unique deforestation and natural capital data, and working closely with our finance and research teams, you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of Global Canopy's finance sector communications and marketing strategy.
- Lead on media engagement and management across the finance programme; identifying targets, building relationships and converting potential opportunities to raise awareness of our work and drive impact.
- Develop key messages to ensure our unique data is understood and used by third parties to achieve change.
- Write and create content that maximises the reach of our data through innovative methods.
- Plan and implement effective communications around key external events.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders andmdevelop the finance programme's network of influencers and decision-makers.
- Work with the wider communications team to support Global Canopy's mission.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of your work and key pieces of content
To be successful in this role, these are the things that will matter most:
Skills & Experience :
- Adept at developing communications strategies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and experience producing a range of media materials.
- Previous experience engaging financial sector media.
- Understanding of environmental and sustainability issues.
- Experience of working in multiple teams, with externals partners, and with a range of stakeholders.
- Independent thinker with team orientation, who owns tasks and is accountable to colleagues.
- Effective communicator with emotional intelligence.
- Action-oriented and pragmatic problem solver.
- Able to work effectively to tight deadlines.
- Strong university degree
We actively seek applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the position, please send an up-to date CV and covering letter by email:
View the full job posting here.