Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 3800 employees in 16 countries.
Statkraft’s US office in San Francisco is currently looking for a
Renewable Energy Originator
to join Statkraft’s Global Environmental Markets (GEM) team.
This is an exciting hands-on opportunity to help shape the growth and commercial strategy of a financially strong company within a new geography and market. You will be working in a “start-up” like environment, but backed by the infrastructure and expertise of an 100+ year old company.
As an originator for the US office, you will be primarily responsible for originating new renewable energy business that contributes to the group’s activities in the global environmental commodities markets. In particular, the ideal candidate will be versed in the US renewable energy markets, having concluded previous transactions in this or in a related market. You have a track record of being able to close deals with: large multi-national corporations (successful in navigating the web of decision making), renewable energy developers, and or financers of such projects. You can clearly articulate and sell complex renewable energy products like REC purchase offtake agreements. From day one, you will have a network of established relationships within the Renewable Energy field that you can call on as potential transactional counterparties and you will assist end-users in purchasing renewable energy for both compliance and voluntary purposes. You are familiar with how to conduct due-diligence on both built and un-built renewable energy projects and you know external partners contractors to reach out to, that can support your efforts.
In addition to being able to generate new business opportunities from the group’s existing suite of products, the Renewable Energy Originator will be responsible for identifying new product and business lines that complement the company’s core global activities of developing, owning, and operating renewable energy assets. Such new products or business lines include but are not limited to: distributed energy, utility-scale solar, corporate sales partnerships, battery technology, project finance, renewable energy technology and siting, and so on. You will report to the Managing Director of Statkraft US LLC.
- 3-6 years working within renewable energy or within a related field
- Specific U.S. renewable energy market experience, having come from a commercial participant somewhere in the U.S. energy value-chain (e.g. REC trader, project developer, sales manager, project finance)
- Successful track record of revenue generation
- Experience interfacing with C-suite and executive teams
- In-depth knowledge of the US and state by state regulatory energy framework (ITC, PTC, RPS, FERC, etc…)
- Sales contract oversight and negotiations
What defines you:
- Self-starter and hard worker; likes to wake up early and stay late
- Works well in a small and very open team environment
- Goal driven, while being responsible for the associated tasks
- Well-spoken and articulate
- Ability to delegate and be delegated to
- College degree from a reputable institution
- Advanced degree in finance, energy, or a related field
- Excellent references (ideally from past or current customers
- Professional and personal development in a financially stable company with a clear and long term ambition to be an important part of the fast changing energy business
- A working environment characterized by professionalism, collegiality, responsibility and motivation
- Competitive terms of employment
Please send your resume and cover letter and be able to furnish references upon request. The cover letter should succinctly describe how you are qualified and can immediately contribute to growing the business.