Are you passionate about sustainable and impact investing? Would you like to help catalyze billions of USD toward a more sustainable future? Do you have a deep knowledge of real estate and sustainable real estate?
UBS WM CIO wants to make sustainable and impact criteria an integral part of the investment process, and thus catalyze material positive and tangible change for people and the environment alike. We believe that UBS WM is the most exciting place to embark on this undertaking, the client asset pool that one can impact is huge (over two trillion USD) and the desire and will is strong (We've publically committed to direct USD 5bn towards impact investing in support of the UN Sustainable Development Goals). We're excited by the opportunity and hope you are too!
We'll be looking for you to:
- take responsibility for sustainable real estate asset class research. This will include asset class primers and long term risk and return forecasts, which will feed into UBS WM's growing impact investing and real estate product lines.
- assume a key role in building third party partnerships to position UBS WM as a market leader. For example, working with CIO quantitative experts and respected partner companies to develop industry leading benchmarks to define the future of the sustainable real estate industry.
- create engaging thematic thought pieces highlighting changing regulation, certifications, investor preferences, and developments in ESG / impact measurement.
- develop frameworks and subsequently conduct "impact due diligence" on funds and direct investments to ensure that investment products offered to UBS WM clients meet CIO's definition of impact investing.
- support HNW, UHNW and Family Office clients and client advisors in understanding and delivering the sustainable fixed income asset class and the wider UBS sustainable and impact offering.
- interact with CIO real estate teams to integrate your views and outlook across direct and indirect private real estate, real estate debt and equity, and office / retail / industrial / hotel as required.
The CIO WM Global Investment Office is responsible for the House View and investment strategy for UBS Wealth Management clients. We, the CIO UHNW, Alternatives, Sustainable and Impact Investing team, augment the asset allocation based House View with value-additive services, client and fund manager insights and investment opportunities that clearly differentiate UBS WM.
Your experience and skills
- deep knowledge of private real estate and the sustainable real estate sub-sector.
- experience of working at a sustainable focused real estate asset manager or conventional real estate asset manager.
- clearly articulated views on the future of sustainable real estate.
- an ability to utilize your skills to offer comment and analysis across direct and indirect private real estate, real estate debt and equity, and office/retail/industrial/hotel as required.
- an understanding of financial market dynamics and investment product.
- analytical skills, extensive industry network and understanding of impact investing.
- a strong written and verbal communicator
- able to collaborate with internal and external partners
- someone who is enthusiastic, positive, and fun to work with!
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.