Pioneering impact investment firm WHEB seeks Investment Analyst.
WHEB Asset Management
WHEB is a pioneer in sustainable and impact investing. Our mission is 'to advance sustainability and create prosperity through positive impact investments'. We do this through a single, long-only, global equity strategy, investing in companies that provide solutions to sustainability challenges. With a track record of over 14 years, we are one of the early innovators in listed equity impact investing.
As a Certified B Corporation, WHEB is part of a global movement of stakeholder businesses, which consider the impact of business decisions on our employees, clients, suppliers, the community, and the environment, as well as our shareholders.
For more information about WHEB Asset Management see www.whebgroup.com.
Investment team role
WHEB is seeking a full or part-time investment professional to join the team, based in London. The investment strategy employs a fundamental and long-term approach based on a deep understanding of the companies and industries that solve sustainability challenges.
You will be expected to:
- work with the investment team to help deliver attractive investment and impact returns;
- produce well-researched and insightful stock buy and sell ideas;
- have an understanding of – and strong interest in – stock-level social and environmental impact and how this is likely to affect financial performance;
- provide detailed research into stocks according to WHEB's investment process, including impact analysis;
- help to engage with companies to deliver investment relevant insights and encourage more progressive and effective management;
- support the production of client communications including presentations, newsletters and factsheets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have, as a minimum:
- at least three years' experience as an investment analyst, ideally with expertise in equities;
- a demonstrable understanding of – and passion for – sustainable and environmental investing;
- an excellent academic record including the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification and relevant sustainability studies or training. (For exceptional candidates we may consider other relevant postgraduate and professional qualifications); and
- excellent written and oral communication skills.
She or he will also have the ability to:
- work in a small, close-knit team, where challenge and reasoned discussion are expected and rewarded;
- demonstrate leadership from an early stage, helping to drive the investment process and share responsibility for investment decisions; and
- organise a varied workload.
Equal opportunities and flexible working
WHEB is an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. The role would be suitable for candidates looking for a full or part-time position. Based at our office in central London, the position will offer considerable opportunity for flexible working, including both office and home-based work. For more information on WHEB's policies and culture please see https://www.whebgroup.com/about-us/working-at-wheb/
Applicants should send their CVs, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 12th October 2020. We regret that it may not be possible to contact unsuccessful applicants.