COP28: What can we take away?
The agreement has increased transition risks, writes Anya Solovieva
'We need a global treaty to actively phase out fossil fuels'
A Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty would close the gap between the net-zero ambitions, and the COP28 pledge to move away from fossil fuel companies, writes Jeroen Rijpkema
Fitch: Social to rise up the sustainable bond agenda in 2024
Nature-related sustainable bond issuance is set to give social co-benefits greater prominence in 2024, Sustainable Fitch says. Ahren Lester reports
A Fair Cop?
Promising initiatives were announced at COP28, but these are only scratching the surface of the opportunity, writes Kieron Boyle
- Sustainable Bonds Insight 2024
- SEC poised to unveil hotly anticipated climate rule
- S&P launches two biodiversity benchmarks
- EU due diligence rules 'back to square one' as countries reject text
- NBIM excludes three portfolio companies for 'unacceptable' environmental risk
- Environmental Finance reveals annual Environmental Market Rankings winners
- Nuveen creates Scope 1 and 2 emissions database, as data providers lack 'high quality'
- France launches impact fund standard, scoring system
- ICMA working group considering including avoided emissions in bond, loan principles
- Sustainable funds outperformed traditional funds in 2023 by 'almost 50%', Morgan Stanley finds