The importance of developing sustainability reporting standards for the public sector
As the baseline for private sector sustainability reporting is finalized, the public sector has started to build on this to address its own specific needs, writes Ian Carruthers
Acciona: Impact in the sustainable bond market is very low
Frustrated by the limited impact of sustainable bonds, the Spain-based conglomerate has published an additionality-focused framework it hopes will help transform the market. Ahren Lester reports
S&P Shades of Green: Updated SPO offers more than just 'an extra shade'
The financial research and analysis firm tells Ahren Lester its updated second-party opinion (SPO) methodology is more than just a marriage of the separate S&P and Shades of Green models
Staying focused: sovereign climate assessment tool resists mission creep
The ground-breaking ASCOR project refuses to allow the number of indicators to 'explode' out of control, as it strives to keep the tool practicable, LSE's Antonina Scheer tells Ahren Lester
Impact accounting framework aims for integration with ISSB, ESRS standards
The IFVI and the Value Balancing Alliance are developing a methodology that seeks to appropriate concepts from the world of financial accounting and could also use information from key sustainability reporting standards. Michael Hurley reports
- ESG in Fixed Income Americas 2023: BlackRock: 'transition investments are green'
- Insurance Risk & Capital Americas 2023: Climate change already making some perils 'uninsurable'
- ESG in Fixed Income Americas 2023: Export Development Canada to issue first green bond since 2019
- Financial institution SFDR reports fail to explain adverse impacts, regulators say
- Berkshire Hills: Issuing a sustainable bond is a 'no brainer'
- Insurance Risk and Capital Americas 2023: US anti-ESG backlash is 'political risk', insurers say
- Bond round-up: KfW, Snam, Landwirtschaftliche Rentenbank ... and more
- Platform launched to 'unify' carbon credit verification, impact and pricing data
- Natural Capital Investment Americas 2023: NA100 a 'really powerful vehicle', conference hears
- La Banque Postale launches €1bn impact infra debt fund