Sustainable bond fund assets hit $41bn record
Investor appetite for sustainable bond funds has sent the market to record highs in 2023, with expectations of more to come in 2024. Ahren Lester report
ICMA draws up a 'Common Ground Taxonomy' for transition plans
The influential trade association wants issuer to act on transition plans before regulations arrive, and has provided a high-level tool to get the process started. Ahren Lester reports
- Sustainable Bonds Insight 2024
- SEC poised to unveil hotly anticipated climate rule
- S&P launches two biodiversity benchmarks
- EU due diligence rules 'back to square one' as countries reject text
- NBIM excludes three portfolio companies for 'unacceptable' environmental risk
- Environmental Finance reveals annual Environmental Market Rankings winners
- Nuveen creates Scope 1 and 2 emissions database, as data providers lack 'high quality'
- France launches impact fund standard, scoring system
- ICMA working group considering including avoided emissions in bond, loan principles
- Sustainable funds outperformed traditional funds in 2023 by 'almost 50%', Morgan Stanley finds
Environmental Finance Data COP28: Sustainable Debt report
Environmental Finance Data has produced this report to analyse the shape of the sustainable finance market
Emerging Markets Real Economy Sustainability Bonds Volume II - supported by IFC and HSBC
Country focus: Poland, Romania, Türkiye, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan
Sector analysis: Power, Transport, Agribusiness
Environmental Finance Data - Chinese green bond market
This Environmental Finance Data report briefly outlines the regulations, policies, and bodies responsible for onshore China sustainable bonds and how the recent changes may affect future issuance and investment.
Green Bond Fund Impact Reporting Practices 2023
The 2023 edition of Environmental Finance's Green Bond Fund Impact Reporting Practices study compares the impact reporting practices of green bond funds with the impact reporting preferences of green bond fund investors.
Environmental Finance - ESG in Fixed Income EMEA 2023 - Panel slides
EF Data produced these charts as a companion to the panel discussions at Environmental Finance's ESG in Fixed Income EMEA event in London on April 17th 2023.
2024 Sustainable Bonds Hub
Biodiversity, transition finance and international investments: inside KfW's new green bond framework
EF DataVisit efdata.org
Predictions for the sustainable bond market in 2024
Market conditions somewhat improved in 2023 which saw sustainable bond issuance rebound from last year's small slump followed by the record-breaking year of 2021. Sustainable bond issuance in 2023 reached $982 billion.
However, as we step into 2024 there are still challenges ahead with macroeconomic backdrop, a high interest rate environment, and spiralling project costs for renewable energy. Nevertheless Environmental Finance Data is forecasting the market to grow to $1.14 trillion with a lower and upper confidence of between $870 million and $1.4 trillion.
You can read more on Environmental Finance Data's forecast and prediction here.
For comprehensive data on all green, social, sustainability and sustainability-linked bonds and loans, please visit EF Data. For more information, a demo or a free trial please contact firstname.lastname@example.org