Sustainable bonds are 'stretching for smaller sovereigns'
New Zealand struggled to find adequate eligible projects for its issue, necessitating robust management of its green spending. Ahren Lester writes
'Only Asian investors seem to understand Asian issuers'
Emerging market green bonds may need credit enhancement to attract Western investors, Golden Tree's David Oum told Environmental Finance ESG in Fixed Income Asia. Ahren Lester reports
- COP28: BlackRock, Brookfield and TPG commit to $30bn emerging markets climate fund
- COP28: Financing Net Zero
- Financial markets may be undervaluing 'climate resilience' companies, BlackRock suggests
- COP28: Voluntary carbon market braced for regulatory intervention following IOSCO report
- ABN Amro: EPC changes could impact Dutch banks' green bonds
- Net zero targets can oblige progress reporting in financial accounts, says IASB committee
- COP28: Opening ceremony invokes spirit of Yoda
- COP28: US insurers propose plan to ensure insurance cover as catastrophes grow
- COP28: UK commits £500m for forest protection
- UK urged by MPs to make TNFD mandatory within three years
Emerging Markets Real Economy Sustainability Bonds Volume II - supported by IFC and HSBC
Country focus: Poland, Romania, Türkiye, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan
Sector analysis: Power, Transport, Agribusiness
Environmental Finance Data - Chinese green bond market
This Environmental Finance Data report briefly outlines the regulations, policies, and bodies responsible for onshore China sustainable bonds and how the recent changes may affect future issuance and investment.
Green Bond Fund Impact Reporting Practices 2023
The 2023 edition of Environmental Finance's Green Bond Fund Impact Reporting Practices study compares the impact reporting practices of green bond funds with the impact reporting preferences of green bond fund investors.
Environmental Finance - ESG in Fixed Income EMEA 2023 - Panel slides
EF Data produced these charts as a companion to the panel discussions at Environmental Finance's ESG in Fixed Income EMEA event in London on April 17th 2023.
Natural capital investments in labelled sustainable bonds
Environmental Finance Data tracks the increased activity through sustainable bonds with the with use of proceeds
2023 Sustainable Bonds Hub
EF DataVisit efdata.org
Sustainable sovereign bonds have witnessed a remarkable surge in issuance over the past few years, reflecting a growing global commitment to environmentally and socially responsible finance. In 2016, issuance began at $1 billion and demonstrated a steady climb, reaching $11 billion in 2017, $18 billion in 2018, and $25 billion in 2019. The momentum accelerated significantly in 2020, when due to the pandemic social bond issuances skyrocketed, as issuance soared to $45 billion, followed by an impressive $117 billion in 2021. Although 2022 saw a slight dip to $105 billion, the year-to-date figures for 2023 showcase a robust resurgence, with sustainable sovereign bond issuance already totalling an impressive $148 billion.
For comprehensive data on all green, social, sustainability and sustainability-linked bonds and loans, please visit EF Data. For more information, a demo or a free trial please contact email@example.com