Germany-based global index provider Solactive followed its 2022 Environmental Finance Sustainable Investment award for 'Climate index provider of the year' by winning 'ESG index provider of the year' in 2023.
A Sustainable Investment Awards judge described how "Solactive's flexibility and client-centric focus, jointly with their knowledge, helps investors to come up with innovative indexes that fit their visions".
In fixed income, Northern Trust Asset Management partnered with Solactive to launch two global bond ESG ClimateIndex Funds, Fidelity launched a Paris Aware Government Bond ETF after benchmarking two active ETFs against Solactive's Paris-aligned (PAB) fixed-income indices (PABs). Solactive also launched two high-yield PABs and a Social and Sustainable Bond Index.
Also in the awards eligibility period, Solactive launched a Sustainable Fuels Index, and the Solactive Biodiversity Screened Series was expanded.
Steffen Scheuble, chief executive officer of Solactive, commented: "We are delighted to be recognised for our commitment and hard work in developing innovative ESG indices that meet the evolving needs of investors. At Solactive, we understand that ESG investing is not a one-size-fits-all approach, and we strongly believe in putting each client's unique requirements and preferences at the core of our products through our open architecture approach to ESG data.
"We are thankful to our clients and everyone that played a role in this achievement."
Solactive Indices have been used for the following ETFs:
- DWS tracking Solactive ISS ESG Net Zero Pathway Index Series
- Goldman Sachs in its Paris-Aligned Climate World Equity UCITS ETF, tracking the Solactive ISS ESG Developed Markets Paris-Aligned Benchmark Index
- Nomura Asset Management with the NEXT FUNDS Solactive Japan ESG Core Index ETF
- Deka with the Future Energy ESG UCITS ETF tracking the Solactive Future Energy ESG index
- LGIM in the L&G Emerging Cyber Security ESG Exclusions UCITS ETF tracking Solactive Emerging Cyber Security Index.