Chair’s opening remarks
KEYNOTE: Food – climate and nature’s curse or saviour?
Michael Hurley, Deputy Editor, Environmental Finance
Simon Zadek, Chair, Finance for Biodiversity
PANEL: Global forestry investment opportunities for ESG investors
- How have forestry investments evolved and what are the opportunities in this space?
- How do you assess biodiversity impacts and demonstrate wider benefits?
- What are the tools that help assess value, build an investable product and measure impact?
- Nature-based solutions: how such mechanisms are being used to protect natural capital and drive investment?
Daphne Yin, Senior Consultant, Indufor North America
Andrew Heald, Director, NGPTA
David Brand, CEO, New Forests
Roger Naylor, Portfolio Manager, Evli Fund Management Company
MaryKate Bullen, Director of Sustainability and ESG, Forest Investment Associates
PRESENTATION: Assessing the environmental benefits of forestry investments
Jason Sinden, Investment Director, Acquisitions, Gresham House
PANEL: The rapid evolution of voluntary carbon markets
- Priorities for the simplification and automation of voluntary carbon markets as they mature
- What infrastructure is needed as voluntary markets scale? Can projects be aggregated?
- How are the recommendations of the Taskforce on Scaling Voluntary Carbon Markets being received and understood by industry participants?
- As other environmental crediting markets develop, how will carbon markets align?
Elizabeth Small, General Counsel and Head of Policy, CDP North America
Pat Snowdon, Head of Economics and Woodland Carbon Code, Scottish Forestry
Toby Janson Smith, Chief Innovation Officer, Verra
Peter Boyd, Advisor, REDD.plus, Resident Fellow, Yale School of the Environment
Sue Helen Nieto, Deputy Practice Lead, Agricultural Value Chains, South Pole
PRESENTATION: Climate smart food system investments
Mauricio Benitez, Sectorial Specialist, Food Systems, ResponsAbility
PANEL: Investment strategies to support sustainable land use
- How landscapes can be thought of holistically to support nature, biodiversity, water security and attract investment
- The potential for regenerative agriculture projects and the movement of capital to support them
- Options for blended finance and increasing private flows to sustainable land use
- How can supply chains be better analysed and incorporated into investment decisions?
Detlef Schoen, CEO, NewAg
Alexandre Kaufmann, Agribusiness Investments Specialist, Food and Agriculture and Organisation of the United Nations (FAO)
Tanja Havemann, Co-founder, Director, Clarmondial
Santiago Cortes, Head of ESG, Amerra Capital
CASE STUDY: Biodiversity as an Investment in Forestry: Dasos Habitat Fund
Tapani Pahkasalo, Partner, Dasos Capital Oy
CASE STUDY: Attracting private investment in positive land use change
Guy Thompson, Managing Director, EnTrade