Chair’s opening remarks
PANEL: How different financial products are catching the blue wave
- Sustainability-linked bonds, blue bonds, thematic investment funds and ETFs – how can investors best invest in the blue economy?
- What are the advantages to investing in or issuing such products?
Ahren Lester, Assistant Editor, Environmental Finance
Jens Hellerup, Head of Funding and Investor Relations, Nordic Investment Bank
Eva Mayerhofer, Principal Advisor, Lead Environment and Biodiversity Specialist, EIB
Øistein Jensen, Chief Sustainability Officer, Odfjell
Stephen Liberatore, Managing Director, Head of ESG/Impact – Global Fixed Income, Nuveen
PRESENTATION: The case for seaweed investment in Europe
Adrien Vincent, Programme Director, Seaweed for Europe
PANEL: How can more investment be driven towards the blue economy and coastal resilience?
- Which financial activities can have a positive impact on the health oceans?
- How should investors be approaching financing shipping, fishing and coastal tourism in a sustainable way?
- How can sustainable blue finance practices be built into decision-making?
Dennis Fritsch, Project Coordinator, Sustainable Blue Economy, UNEP Finance Initiative
Kai Wiegler, Sector Economist Marine Biodiversity and Sustainable Fisheries, KfW
Rolando Morillo, Co-Portfolio manager, Rockefeller Asset Management's Climate Solutions
Jenn Pryce, President and CEO, Calvert Impact Capital
Massimiliano Riva, Investment Advisor, United Nations Joint SDG Fund
PRESENTATION: What is blue carbon and how can we best capture it?
Amy Schmid, Manager, Natural Climate Solutions Development, Verra
PANEL: Looking at the pipeline of bankable projects and options for blended finance
- What is the project pipeline for investors in this space?
- What blended finance projects are providing opportunities for investors?
Michael Hurley, Deputy Editor, Environmental Finance
Katherine Stodulka, Director, Blended Finance Taskforce, SYSTEMIQ
Nicolas Pascal, Executive Director & Co-Founder, Blue Finance
Olivier Raybaud, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Blue Oceans Partners
Terry Tamminen, Senior Adviser, Pegasus Capital Advisors
Live discussion group