Panel: The future of ESG regulation and US policy developments
- An update on the work of the SEC and what it means for issuers and investors
- Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) one year on – how is the acceleration to green feeding through to ESG in fixed income and sustainable finance more broadly? Can it go further?
Anne van Riel, Head of Sustainable Finance Capital Markets Americas, BNP Paribas
Panel: Tackling greenwashing and ensuring credibility in GSSS transactions
- What do issuers need to keep in mind given the enhanced focus and reputational risks associated with greenwashing?
- What solutions are there for enhanced analysis, transparency and reporting?
- What challenges and critiques do issuers need to be aware of when choosing between issuing sustainability-linked transactions or use-of-proceeds structures?
- How do you identify what is material in a sustainability-linked transaction?
- How has the role of the SPO provider evolved in the context of greenwashing concerns, both from regulatory and market sophistication perspectives?
Ana Carolina Oliveira, Head of Sustainable Finance Americas, Managing Director, ING
Senior representative, ISS Corporate Solutions
Morning networking break
Panel: Taking the fear out of the T-word
- Will we see the return of the transition bond this year?
- Are investors still cautious of the structure?
- How can SPOs provide challenging feedback and drive change at companies looking to transition?
- What is needed for hard to abate sectors to take advantage of labelled financing
- What can other jurisdictions learn from the UK, Canadian and Japanese transition taxonomies and frameworks?
- What has been the issuer and investor reaction to these taxonomies?
- Where are we with transition ratings?
- Why have some SLB issuers switched back to transition bonds? Is this a sign of problems with the SLB structure?
Anjuli Pandit, Head of Sustainable Bonds, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, HSBC
Senior representative, Moody's
Issuer case study
Panel: Taxonomies and trends in Latin America
- How is ESG regulation impacting GSSS issuances across the region?
- How are taxonomies evolving and what does this mean for future issuance trends?
- Can we expect more sovereign issues across the region?
- How are development banks and supranationals supporting the development of GSSS bond markets and ESG regulation?
- What are the opportunities for ESG investors across Latin America? What do they need to know?
Tamara Tisminetzky, Director of ESG Research, Sustainable Fitch
ESG in Fixed Income Stream
GSSS Bonds Stream
ESG approaches to structured securities
Panel: North American municipal GSSS issuances
ESG in Fixed Income Stream
GSS Bonds Stream
Panel: Investor perspectives
Panel: Social bonds and affordable housing
Afternoon networking break
Panel: The intersection of fixed income, carbon markets and biodiversity
- Blue finance, nature-based solutions, biodiversity and carbon credit offtake agreements: how will these be integrated into fixed income structures?
- The growing interest in carbon markets and what this means for future issuance of fixed income structures
- How is a desire for impact driving these trends?
Amy West, Global Head of ESG Solutions, TD Securities
Stephen Liberatore, Head of ESG/Impact, Global Fixed Income, Nuveen
Panel: Future trends and innovative structures
- What do the innovative issuances of the last 12 months tell us about potential GSSS bond types and sectors that could grow in popularity?
- Across which sectors and bond types are we seeing innovation and what has been the investor reaction?
- Which regions might be posed to show future potential for innovation and how do these innovations meet local needs?
- How is this being driven by regulatory developments?
Robert White, Managing Director, Head of Green & Sustainable Hub, Americas, Natixis
Close of conference and networking drinks reception