ESG in Fixed Income Asia 2022
3 November 2022, Singapore, Singapore Exchange (SGX), 2 Shenton Way, #02-02 SGX Centre 1, Singapore 068804
Chair’s Opening Remarks
Opening Keynote Address
Innovation in the Asian market
- Harnessing innovation in the market to expand the investor base
- What is the role of the regulators?
- Strengthening regional and international collaboration
Presentation: Sovereign bond issuance in Asia
- Transition challenges and Singapore's first sovereign bond issuance
- Do the SDGs affect sovereign bond spreads?
Panel: Are sustainability-linked loans raising or lowering the bar for ESG issuance?
- What are the advantages and constraints of Sustainability Linked Loans?
- What are investors looking for in transparency: what are the challenges and how are targets set?
- What does best practice look like?
Panel: Corporates’ transition on the journey to net zero
- How do Asian issuers demonstrate their ESG strategy?
- Considering company assets at risk and mitigation strategies over the long term
- New technologies? New business models?
- Are the bond markets a way for corporates to action and finance their transition strategies?
- Preparing for climate disclosure in Asia
- What resources (e.g., people, processes, technologies) would the company need to meet the proposed reporting deadlines?
- How does the company evaluate the materiality of climate-related disclosures across regions?
Panel: Standardisation in Impact reporting
- What is the objective of impact reporting and how are metrics decided?
- Are investor expectations of issuers' impact reports shifting?
- What are the main challenges to impact reporting?
Panel: ESG data
- How good is ESG data for the Asian fixed income market?
- What are investors doing to generate their own data?
- Improving data for sovereigns
Panel: Bondholder engagement
- Setting clear paths to escalate engagement and measuring ESG outcomes
- How do GSS principles enable investors to engage with issuers?
- How can bond investors and use of proceeds stimulate discussions around the Paris agreement and the SDGs?
- What is holding bondholders back from being more proactive in this regard?
- How can issuers facilitate engagement?
- Does it drive motivation to issue?
Panel: The continued rise of sustainable finance in Asia
- What factors will drive the increase of sustainable bond issuance for the future?
- How important are transition bonds in the future of sustainable finance in Asia?
- Is the "S" in ESG ready for a breakout year in 2023 for Sustainability-Linked Loans?
- Is the range of social factors within ESG expanding and how will this effect sustainability strategies for issuers and investors in Asia?
- How will this effect reporting, regulation, rating, and risk?
- How are investors and other market participants assessing ESG and sustainability risks and opportunities?
- Greenwashing – what do investors want to see?
Closing remarks and close of conference