Registration & coffee
Opening of conference & chairman's welcome address
Peter Cripps, Editor, Environmental Finance
Keynote: Investing in a Sustainable World
- Why has progress been so painfully slow ?
- Are we seeing real momentum, or just rhetoric ?
- Advent of the opportunists: good news or bad ?
- What can we do to accelerate things ?
- Where do green bonds fit in?
Dr. Matthew Kiernan, Chief Executive, Inflection Point Capital Management
Keynote: Environmental bonds go mainstream
- The appeal for issuers and investors
- Differences between environmental and climate bonds
- Liquidity and the secondary market
- Lessons for the green bond market from the carbon market
Erik-Jan van Bergen, Chief Investment Officer, ACTIAM
Panel session: The Green Bond Principles one year on. Have we agreed on a standard process now?
- What do they aim to achieve?
- What has been changed in the second iteration?
- How did we get there?
- Improving transparency and disclosure
- Requirements for scaling up the green bond market and taking it mainstream
- 2nd/3rd party green opinion and auditor statement needed or not
- The use of proceeds versus pureplays
- Capital Markets Union, Regulation and GBP
- Where will we be in 3-5 years time?
- Heike Reichelt, Head of Investor Relations & New Products, World Bank
- Victoria Clarke, Sustainable Financing, Debt Capital Markets, HSBC Bank
- Henrik Guldbæk Welch, Senior Vice President, Group Treasury, Vestas
- Nicholas Pfaff, Director, Market Practice & Regulatory Policy, International Capital Market Association (ICMA)
Moderator: Ulrik Ross, Managing Director, Global Head of Public Sector & Sustainable Financing, Capital Financing, HSBC Holdings plc
Morning coffee break
Panel session: Issuers' perspective
- Reasons for issuing green bonds?
- Changing face of issuers - from multilaterals and investment banks to corporates, municipalities and universities
- Building demand - what types of issue are in demand?
- Cost and pricing of issuance. Are the benefits tangible?
- Aldo Romani, Deputy Head of Funding, Euro, European Investment Bank
- Bodo Winkler, Head of Investor Relations / Credit Treasury, Berlin Hyp
- Laurent Machureau, Deputy General Manager, Finance, Audit and Management Control, Region Ile-de-France
- Sridhar Ramamurthy, Senior VP Finance, Treasury, Tax, Pensions & Insurance, Unilever
Moderator: Tanguy Claquin, Managing Director, Sustainable Banking, Crédit Agricole CIB
Panel session: The green bond investor's outlook
- What is attracting more investors into Green Bonds?
- What are investors' major areas of focus and where do they see change happening?
- How are investors set up to undertake the 'green' part of the analysis?
- The role of second party opinions, standards and third party verification
- Different types of issuer – how will investors view them?
- Impact reporting – the investor's view
- Position on social bonds
- Christopher Wigley, Senior Portfolio Manager, Mirova
- Colin Purdie, Head of Global Investment Grade Credit, Aviva Investors
- Mahesh Jayakumar, Senior Portfolio Manager, State Street Global Advisors
- Ulf Erlandsson, Senior Portfolio Manager, Global Macro Trading, AP4
Moderator: Martin Mills, Managing Director & Head of EMEA Product Solutions, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Panel session: What is 'green'? Developing standards and external assurance
- Solving the "what is green?" dilemma
- Outlook for standards, benchmarks and rating systems and what do they mean to investors?
- "Controversial" case studies
- Justine Leigh-Bell, Senior Manager, Climate Bonds Standards Program
- Alexandre Marty, Senior Investor Relations Manager, Finance, EDF
- Ben Powell, Head of Funding, Treasury Market Operations, IFC
- Christopher Davis, Senior Program Director, Investor Programs, Ceres
Moderator: Jonathan Weinberger, Head of Capital Market Engineering, Societe Generale CIB
Presentation: International innovations and emerging trends
- How is the market maturing?
- Has growth begun to stall?
- The growth of new sectors such as municipalities and cities
- Emerging sectors, currencies, new regions e.g. Latin America / Asia
- Growth trends and projections
- Developing project bonds, securitisation and revenue bonds
Marilyn Ceci, Managing Director & Head of Green Bonds, J.P. Morgan
Panel session: Verifiers and opinions
- Verification and certification
- The role of second opinion providers
- Different approaches by the second opinion providers
- Verifiers versus second opinion providers
- Martina Macpherson, Managing Partner, SI Partners / oekom research UK
- Pernille Holtedahl, Principal Consultant, UK Sustainability, DNV GL - Business Assurance
- Damian Regan, Director, PwC
- Vikram Puppala, Manager, Advisory Services, Sustainalytics
Moderator: Graham Cooper, Consulting Editor, Environmental Finance
Afternoon coffee break
Panel session: Green bond indices
- What impact will different indexes have on the market?
- Is the data meaningful given the lack of secondary trading?
- Laura Nishikawa, Executive Director & Head of Fixed Income ESG Research, MSCI
- Phil Galdi, Head of Global Bond Index Research, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Scott Harman, Director, Index Research, Barclays
Moderator: Sophie Robinson-Tillett, Environmental Finance
Panel session: Optimising business opportunities in the Green Bonds Market in 2016 and beyond
- Determining the future of the green bond market: What are the guiding points?
- Joint effort: What needs to be done and achieved by all market participants before 2016?
- Looking forward: Scaling-up market mechanisms and managing the major risks
- Jonathan Weinberger, Head of Capital Market Engineering, Societe Generale CIB
- Marilyn Ceci, Managing Director & Head of Green Bonds, J.P. Morgan
- Martin Mills, Managing Director, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Tanguy Claquin, Managing Director, Sustainable Banking, Crédit Agricole CIB
- Ulrik Ross, Managing Director, Global Head of Public Sector & Sustainable Financing, Capital Financing, HSBC Holdings plc
Moderator: Peter Cripps, Editor, Environmental Finance