PANEL: Market outlook - how the green bond market is set to evolve in the coming year
- Key signs of growth and development in the North and Latin American green bond market in recent months
- What types of issuance levels are expected in the coming year?
- How to build US corporate green bond momentum after Apple's second USD 1bn issue
- US political climate – is the green bond market impacted?
Ann-Marie Griffith, Head of Fixed Income and Executive Board Member, APG US
Barb Hooper, Group Treasurer & Executive Vice President, TD Bank
Guillaume Pichard, Director of Capital Markets, Province of Québec
Nicolas Checa, Founder and Managing Director, McLarty Associates' Financial Markets
Amy Liane West, Director, Head of Socially Responsible Finance, TD Securities
Keynote: Green bonds and affordable housing
Gloria Boyd, Vice President Bond Finance, New York State Homes & Community Renewal
PANEL: Understanding green bond pricing and investor demand
- The view of new and seasoned green bond investor on pricing and performance of green bonds
- What is missing in the American green bond market from an investor perspective?
- New investor products – are more investment firms expected to respond to LP demand for more green bond funds?
Andrew Russell, Director of Fixed Income Investments, Pension Boards - UCC
Barbara Lambert, Senior Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income, Addenda Capital
Gary M. Pelletier, Senior Managing Director, John Hancock
Michael Ferguson, Director North America Energy Infrastructure, S&P Ratings Services
Stephanie Sfakianos, Head of Sustainable Capital Markets, BNP Paribas
Morning networking break
INTERVIEW: The development of Green Bond ISO standards
Speaker: John Shideler, Climate Services Manager, NSF Sustainability
Interviewed by: Peter Cripps, Editor, Environmental Finance
PANEL: Standards, reporting and risk - defining “green” in the context of today
A panel discussing what makes a bond green in the context of transactions seen by some as controversial. A number of different types of green bond market participants and observers will give their view on how to assure investors the bonds they are backing are making an impact, and what the next industry steps should be in defining what a green bond is.
Christa Clap, Head of Climate Finance, CICERO
Divya Bendre, Sustainable Finance Associate, HSBC
Irene Sánchez Aizpurúa, Head of Division, Investor Relations and Marketing Capital Markets Department, EIB
Trisha Taneja, Green Bonds and ESG Associate, Sustainalytics
Moderator: Tanguy Claquin, head of sustainable banking, Credit Agricole CIB
Keynote: Green Bonds – 10 years on
Stephen M. Liberatore, Managing Director/Lead Portfolio Manager, Responsible Investment Fixed Income, TIAA Investments, an affiliate of nuveen
PANEL: Diversifying the issuer universe
- What could help encourage more green bonds from fairly untapped sectors?
- Which sectors became more active in the market in 2017?
- Geographical diversification – Latin American developments. Which regions and countries could be next?
Calvin Lee Kwan, General Manager - Sustainability, Link Asset Management
Elizabeth Wallace, Senior Manager, Funding & Foreign Exchange Capital Markets Division, Ontario Financing Authority
Jonathan Blum, Managing Director Treasury Capital Markets, Rating Agency & Fixed Income Investor Relations Executive, Bank of America Corporation
Murray C. Simpson, Director Climate Resilience, Amec Foster Wheeler
Tom Meuwissen, General Manager Treasury, NWB Bank
Rebecca Burns, Americas Green Debt Capital Markets, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Presentation: The importance of green bonds to investors
Peter Ellsworth, Director, Investor Network, Ceres
Afternoon network break
PANEL: Green Bond Innovation and Development
- Recent innovations in the American green bond market – new products, sectors and currencies
- How is the sustainability and social bond market evolving?
- What is the outlook for asset-backed security (ABS) green bonds? Are PACE bonds expected to keep attracting new investors?
- What is the likelihood of European sovereign green bond trend taking off in the Americas?
Adam Garfinkle, Head of Capital Markets, Renovate America
Dan Dresser, Vice President, Credit Pricing and Capital Markets, Fannie Mae
Pedro Guerra Menéndez, Deputy General Director of Treasury and Markets Operations, Nacional Financiera
Vikram Widge, Head, Climate Finance & Policy, IFC
Peter Cripps, Editor, Environmental Finance
PANEL: What's next for the green municipality bond market?
- Growth expectations for the American green municipality market in a low-interest rate environment
- Investor demand – is the green muni market satisfying both mainstream and ESG-focused investors?
- Sector diversification and broadening
Brian McCartan, Executive Director for Finance and Information Technology, Sound Transit
Matt Kuchtyak, Analyst, Green Bonds and ESG risks, Moody's Investor Service
Patrick McCoy, Director, Finance, Metropolitan Transportation Authority New York
Usha Sharma, Treasurer, Denver Water
Omar Daghestani, Managing Director, Public Finance, Stifel