Chair’s welcoming remarks
Keynote panel: Natural capital investment across the Americas
- How impactful can nature-based and biodiversity investments be?
- What are the risks and opportunities?
- How is anti-ESG sentiment impacting the discussion?
- How are established players in timberland, water, carbon etc evolving with the focus on biodiversity?
- How to integrate approaches across landscapes
Panel: The ‘need-to-knows’ for nature-related and biodiversity portfolio risks
- How are different investor types approaching the topic of nature and biodiversity risks?
- What conversations are taking place between asset owners and third-party asset managers?
- How is biodiversity risk understood and measured? What are the data challenges and what solutions are data providers offering in this space?
- How do you leverage data to invest in asset classes or reduce negative impacts?
- How are credit rating agencies assessing water, flooding, droughts, wildfire risk for muni bonds and other asset classes?
Morning networking break
Carbon markets and nature-based solutions
Panel: Carbon markets – the latest developments
- Integrity of voluntary carbon markets and building confidence
- What methodologies and initiatives are being developed?
- Is the media attention putting off investors and corporates?
- How will sovereign REDD+ markets grow in importance as Article 6 evolves?
Panel: Project development and financing at scale
- How are nature-based projects being developed at scale?
- Creating investable deals and project pipeline development
- What challenges are there and how have been overcome?
- Working with investors and financial institutions to create mechanisms for financing
- How can gaps in early-stage finance be bridged?
- What project types are attracting the most interest from investors? What monetisation options are there?
- What social and cultural impacts should also be taken into account?
Regulation and industry building initiatives
Panel: Regulation and reporting – what is coming down the track?
- Are nature-related disclosures an inevitability?
- TCFD to TNFD, SBTI to SBTN: what can investors expect as the focus shifts to nature-based dependencies and impacts?
- How are corporates and investors reacting to the Global Biodiversity Framework?
- How can nature-positive dependencies be measured and reported?
- Is the Inflation Reduction Act driving capital in the US? What are the natural capital implications and impacts of the supply chain transformations that could occur?
Fireside chat: NA100+ and the power of nature-based engagement initiatives
Afternoon networking break
Case study: Blue bonds
Fireside chat: Biodiversity credits
- What is the future for driving finance towards biodiversity restoration and expansion?
- How do proposed biodiversity credits compare with the established mitigation banking market?
- What standards are being developed and what is the methodology behind them?
- How might they be financed and utilised? Will they fungible?
- What are the opportunities for investors and corporates in this space?
Case study: Debt-for-nature swaps
Panel: Making an impact with blended finance
- How are blended finance structures being created?
- What different pools of capital can be aggregated?
- How do you scale with integrity and impact in mind?
Chair’s closing remarks
Close of conference and networking drinks reception