Panel discussion: The climate data challenge - Enabling a more effective evaluation of physical and transition risks for companies and investors
- Overcoming the lack of consistency and comparability in corporate disclosure of climate change related metrics and targets
- Can company disclosures be enhanced to include more forward-looking risk measurements using an industry-wide standardised methodology?
- Improving physical asset-level data, including information on individual company sensitivity and adaptive capacity
- Developing an integrated approach to the measurement of both physical and transition risks
- What steps can be taken to increase the level of corporate reporting in line with the TCFD recommendations?
- Developing effective climate scenario analyses – do regulators need to stipulate sector specific scenarios and assumptions to be used to make scenario analysis more robust?
- Are UK and other regulators inevitably moving towards mandating corporates and investors to report in line with the TCFD?
Michael Hurley, Staff Writer, Environmental Finance
Alessia Falsarone, Managing Director, Head of Sustainable Investing, Senior Portfolio and Risk Strategist, Developed Markets Fixed Income, PineBridge Investments
Brett Hickey, Founder & CEO, Star Mountain Capital, LLC
Craig Davies, Associate Director, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change, EBRD
Emilie Mazzacurati, Founder & CEO, FourTwentySeven
Viola Lutz, Associate Director, Head of Investor Consulting, Climate Solution, ISS ESG