PANEL DISCUSSION: Understanding and managing green bond risks
An opportunity to hear market participants discuss some of the key risks presented by the green bond market, such as non-disclosure and non-performance risks as well as greenwashing.
The panel will also discuss whether the financial struggles faced by US renewables companies and yield-cos – some of which have issued sizeable green bonds – will impact the green bond market.
- What are the key risks facing green bond investors and how are they likely to change in the coming years?
- What can green bond issuers do to de-risk their products?
- The role of index providers in green bond risk management
- Are regulatory risks for green bonds expected to increase?
- Parent company risk – what does the financial struggles of some renewables companies behind major US green bonds mean for the market?
- How can green bond disclosure and reporting be strengthened?
Phillip Ludvigsen, Senior Associate, First Environment
Laura Nishikawa, Global Head of Fixed Income ESG Research, MSCI
Henry Shilling, Senior Vice President. Moody's Investors Service
Kristina Rüter, Head of Research, Oekom Research
Norman W. Bernstein, N.W. Bernstein & Associates
Moderator: Bertrand de Mazières, Director General, Finance, European Investment Bank