PANEL DISCUSSION: The evolution of the sustainability and social bond market
This year has seen a flurry of sustainability bonds being issued and Green Bond Principles are expected to soon be amended to include a social bond annex. This panel will bring together sustainability and social bond issuers, underwriters and verifiers to discuss what this new trend means for the green bond market.
- Is the increase in sustainability-related bond transactions a natural progression of the green bond market?
- What are the similarities and differences between green bonds and sustainability bonds?
- Do sustainability bonds come with a unique set of transparency and reporting issues?
- Where is the market at in terms of developing principles and standards for social and sustainability bonds?
- What types of institutions and/or corporates will likely be the main issuers of sustainability bonds in the future?
- Will social and sustainability bonds attract a new or a wider universe of investors than traditional green bonds?
Maurice Bauer, Secretary General, Luxembourg Stock Exchange
Willem Littel, Senior Manager, BNG Bank
Vikram Puppala, Associate Director, Advisory Services, Sustainalytics
Heike Reichelt, Head of Investor Relations and New Products, World Bank
Stephanie Sfakianos, Head of Sustainable Capital Markets BNP Paribas,Member of the Green Bond Principle Executive Committee
Moderator: Lenora Suki, Head of Sustainable Finance Product Strategy, Bloomberg LP