"Investors want more disclosure but there is no appetite for more regulation in the UK at present"
Panel: Driving green growth – recent green equity developments and future outlook
Hear a panel of high-profile asset managers, investors and advisors give their view on opportunities and risks in green equities. Discussion points will include:
- Key events that impacted the market in the past 12 months – what were some major transactions and initiatives in the industry?
- Policy progress and political shocks – how is the Paris Agreement and the UN's Sustainable Development Goals boosting green equities? What are the impacts on the market of Brexit, the election of Trump and other major political events? How are you responding strategically?
- Identifying green growth – how is Green Revenue data helping investors to understand the transition to a low carbon economy and target green opportunities
- Where is the market at in terms of moving into the mainstream? To what extent is there still new markets and investor universes to tap into for providers of green equity investment products?
- Which parts of the low-carbon and climate-aligned market will present the most interesting opportunities for investors in the next 12-24 months and why?
- What are the main challenges expected to face the green investment community in the near and long-term future?
David Harris, Head of Sustainable Finance, London Stock Exchange Group
Ian Simm, Chief Executive, Impax Asset Management
John McKinley, Director, BlackRock Impact
Mike Canfield, Co-Portfolio Manager, Man GLG
Sir Roger Gifford, Chairman, Green Finance Initiative