Panel: Assessing the sustainability of new investments and current portfolios
This panel will discuss how GPs and portfolio companies can assess and monitor their climate change exposure.
- Is the private equity sector catching up with the listed equity space in terms of the amount of ESG and other data being used when assessing potential investments?
- What tools are available to assess the climate impacts of an investment? How could this be improved in the private equity space?
- Carbon footprinting – to what extent is carbon auditing part of private equity due diligence?
- Moving beyond carbon footprinting, what other metrics and climate-related factors are being considered in due diligence?
- What can private equity firms do to address the potential need for climate adaptation and mitigation in their portfolio companies?
Beth Houghton, Partner,Palatine Private Equity
Stefano Bacci, Partner, Ambienta
John Davis, Director Financial Industry, South Pole Group