HIP Investor - Corporate Ratings
- Indices/Exchange data
- Research data
Brief description of the data offering
HIP produces, publishes, and licenses Impact, ESG, and SDG Ratings analyzing over 260 material Metrics to assess the Impact and Future Risk of equity and fixed income.
- HIP Overall Rating – Comprehensive Rating on all relevant ESG factors
- HIP Pillar Ratings – HIP assigns all 32 metrics to 5 HIP Pillars (Health, Wealth, Earth, Equality, Trust) inspired by Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, which are mappable to various ESG and Impact frameworks
- HIP Metric Ratings – Normalized ratios for over 260 individual factors
HIP considers unreported data in corporates as a material risk factor -- a lack of transparency -- spurring more uncertainty and higher risk. HIP’s reporting has been called “tough love” for higher impact.
The data offers solutions for:
- Carbon footprinting
- Climate scenario analysis
- Environmental impact analysis and insight
- Investment decisions and portfolio insight
- Nature-based information: Water
- Reporting: EU Regulations
- Reporting: Impact
- Reporting: SFDR
- Reporting: UN SDGs
- Social impact analysis and insight
Where and how do you source your data?
HIP Investor’s proprietary, evidence-based scoring methodology maps to Impact, ESG and the UN SDGs. Our comprehensive corporate ESG data is secured and aggregated from multiple sources. This includes publicly available corporate data sources, as well as other data collected by the HIP team from sources such as The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) and the Human Rights Campaign (HRC). HIP updates its ratings monthly to include the most relevant metrics and capture companies with different reporting cycles to disclose on impact, ESG and SDG metrics. HIP strives to utilize the most recently available data to provide the investor with the most up to date disclosures available.
Who are the data users?
- Financial institutions
What is the cost for your data offering?
Prices for Corporate HIP Ratings start at $2,000 per month covering 11,000 corporations globally across 85 nations; additional fees for HIP Pillars and HIP Metrics. Special pricing for SDGs Ratings.