Vigeo Eiris - Climate Risk Assessment
- Environmental data
- Climate Risk Assessment
What data do you provide?
- Carbon Footprint Assessment: We collect Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions data. When emissions data is not publicly disclosed, we estimate Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions using our own proprietary models.
- Brown Share Assessment: Provides investors with visibility on corporate exposure to fossil fuels in terms of revenue, proven, probable or possible reserves of crude oil, natural gas and coal, as well as potential emissions and power generation. These can be used to facilitate portfolio screenings or assess stranded asset risk.
- Green Share Assessment: Green involvement is assessed based on the share of revenues derived from the sale of green products and services. Individual products are grouped into themes, which allows investors to identify which SDG-associated area companies are contributing to. This assessment enables investors to identify companies involved in goods and services that contribute to climate change mitigation or adaptation.
- Energy Transition Assessment: This assessment is a comprehensive and forward-looking analysis of where a company is placed in relation to the mitigation of risks associated with the transition to a low-carbon economy and how to take advantage of the opportunities presented. Companies are assessed on a 0 – 100 scoring scale evaluating their performance against 6 underlying sustainability criteria linked to energy consumption, emission reduction, and the development of low-carbon products.
- Physical Risks Management Assessment: Vigeo Eiris assesses the extent to which companies anticipate, prevent and manage the physical risks of climate change.
Companies are assessed on a 0 – 100 scoring scale evaluating their managerial approach.
- TCFD Climate Strategy Assessment: Vigeo Eiris assesses the degree to which climate change has been incorporated into corporate strategy and governance in line with the TCFD recommendations.
- Climate Controversies Assessment: Our Controversies Database allows access to real time information on climate-related allegations against companies and it provides an opinion on companies’ controversies risk mitigation.
Where and how do you source your data?
Our data is sourced from publicly available reports such as annual reports, sustainability & corporate social responsibility reports, registration documents, websites, etc. We also collect information directly from companies via our proprietary VE Connect© platform. This platform provides them with transparent access to their research frameworks and allows them to integrate responses in a precise fashion. Information provided through this platform is not used if it is labelled as confidential.
Who are the data users?
The data is used by our global client base of asset owners and managers, investment banks, index providers, and investor associations for a range of purposes that include: portfolio analysis and reporting, portfolio alignment, thematic index and fund development, best in class & exclusion strategy development, and identification of investment opportunities aligned with energy transition. The data can also be used by academic institutions for research and analysis purposes.
What is the cost for your data offering?
For more information about the pricing, please contact: email@example.com
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
Actionable insights to leverage risks and opportunities: Our team will cut through complexity to deliver actionable insights to help our clients mitigate climate risks and leverage opportunities;
Alignment with the TCFD: Our solutions are in line with the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations;
Back History: Our Carbon Footprint and Energy Transition product provides investors with up to 10 years of back history making the data suited to back testing for fund and index development as well as trend analysis;
Continued support: Our dedicated team can assist you throughout the product lifecycle.
Simplicity is our mantra when delivering impactful #climatesolutions for #investors, banks & key financial players. What challenges are you facing on your climate journey? Contact @VigeoEiris about our #CarbonRiskAssessment solutions