Vigeo Eiris - Second-Party Opinions on sustainable bonds and loans
- Second-party opinions
- verification report (CBI certification)
Brief description of the data offering
Our second-party opinions are established according to Vigeo Eiris’ Sustainability Bonds & Loans methodology, which takes into account: (i) the latest version of the ICMA’s Green/Social Bond Principles voluntary guidelines and/or the LMA’s Green Loan Principles, (ii) market best practices and expectations, (iii) sector guidelines applied in terms of Environmental, Social and Governance issuers, and (iv) the key recommendations from the TEG Proposal for an EU Green Bond Standard (June 2019) and the TEG Final Report on the EU Taxonomy (March 2020).
Our opinions are built on the review of the following components:
- Issuer: we assess the Issuer’s ESG performance, its management of potential stakeholder-related ESG controversies, and its involvement in controversial activities.
- Issuance: we assess the Framework, including:
- The coherence between the Framework and the Issuer’s sustainability commitments;
- The Bond’s potential contribution to sustainability, including its potential contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and related targets;
- Its alignment with the four core components of the ICMA and/or LMA latest standards:
- Use of proceeds
- Evaluation and Selection
- Management of proceeds
- Monitoring and Reporting
Vigeo Eiris is also a Climate Bond Initiative verifier and thus can deliver pre-issuance and post-issuance verification reports based on Climate Bonds Standards (CBS). These verifications tackle both the CBS general requirements and the Technical Criteria for Eligible Projects & Assets (https://www.climatebonds.net/standard/available).
Where and how do you source your data?
Our sources of information are multichannel, combining data gathered from (i) public sources, press content providers and stakeholders, (ii) Vigeo Eiris’ exclusive ESG rating database, and (iii) information provided from the Issuer through documents and interviews.
Who are the data users?
SPOs are usually commissioned by the Issuer, but its target audience are investors and lenders in order to provide them reassurance on the sustainability credentials of the financing and its Framework. SPOs are also valued by other market participants including dedicated press, issuers (especially those in the same sector and/or region), and international organizations (CBI, UNEP FI, UNDP). At present, VE has provided SPOs to about 300 issuers all over the world.
What is the cost for your data offering?
For more information about the pricing, please contact: email@example.com
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
Vigeo Eiris is a worldwide trusted leader of the sustainability bonds and loans market, and ESG expertise:
- Experience: With over 30 years of experience in sustainability assessments and nearly 300 SPOs delivered since 2012, our team is positioned to observe market best practices and participants’ expectations, especially investor perceptions.
- Credibility: VE is a respected and recognized agency, and a longstanding pioneer in the development of market standards
Our team benefits from the knowledge and expertise of our ESG research team (160+ ESG experts), which evaluates the ESG performances of 5,000+ organizations operating in 40 sectors of activities all over the world. This expertise enables us to understand issuers’ specificities and challenges, and conduct a fine-tuned and relevant ESG risk assessment of their projects.
In addition, we are a Climate Bonds Standard approved verifier.
- Service: We offer a fast and flexible customer-centric process driven by analyst access and ensuring quality and confidentiality. We take a collaborative and time-efficient approach to engaging and coordinating with various teams of the issuer.
- Impact: Our new deliverables are designed to offer investors an impactful overview of a bond’s sustainability credentials supported by the granular and transparent analysis of the practices governing the issuance.
- Industry unique ISO 9001: Vigeo Eiris received the ISO 9001 (2015 version) certification for its quality management system covering all of the agency's global sites as well as its processes for providing ESG solutions to market participants.
- Global presence: Our teams’ sustainable finance expertise is complemented by our regional offices in New York, Santiago, Paris, Milan, London, Brussels, Rabat, Casablanca and Hong Kong.
We have a large, dedicated and experienced team spanning multiple continents and time zones. Across the team, the following languages are spoken: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese and Japanese.
The client-centric #sustainablebonds team @VigeoEiris has provided 300+ #sustainablefinancing Second Party Opinions worldwide & has a methodology aligned with the latest standards including the TEG Final Report on the #EUTaxonomy #BecauseESGmatters https://bit.ly/2MCk62h