ISS ESG - ESG Index Solutions
What data do you provide?
With over 25 years of experience of working with asset managers and asset owners, ISS ESG is a leading source for sustainable and responsible investment solutions. ISS ESG collaborates with index providers globally to develop innovative index solutions based on high quality, reliable, and relevant ESG data. ISS ESG’s index solutions allow investors to identify, benchmark, and track portfolio companies with superior ESG performance while successfully realizing their own index strategies. The ESG Index Solutions offering consists of turnkey and custom index solutions.
- Turnkey index solutions: Used to support benchmark series as well as thematic indices. Investors can license turnkey indices from global index providers, powered by comprehensive and high-quality ISS ESG data, enabling investors to benchmark and track the performance of their portfolio or create index-linked investment products.
- Solactive ISS ESG EU Climate Benchmark Index Series: tracks companies that meet the minimum requirements for climate benchmarks provided by the European Commission’s Technical Expert Group (TEG) on Sustainable Finance
- Solactive ISS ESG Beyond Plastic Waste Index: provides passive investors with an opportunity to invest in companies that are proactively focusing on plastic waste reduction
- Solactive ISS Low Carbon Index Series: designed to enable investors to decarbonize their portfolios, i.e. limit the exposure of their portfolios to climate-related risks, such as stricter regulations and physical damage, while participating in the low-carbon economic growth
- Solactive ISS ESG Screened Index Series: tracks various size and regional segments of the global capital markets, such as Developed Markets, Europe, Japan and the United States
- Solactive ISS Prime Rated ESG Index Series: The Solactive ISS Prime Rated ESG Index Series, tracks companies that achieve or exceed ambitious sector-specific performance requirements defined by the ISS ESG Corporate Rating. The index series currently tracks large and midcap companies across five regional segments: Global, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, U.S. and Europe.
- In July 2020, ISS ESG, in partnership with German index provider Solactive, launched a series of SDG-themed indices: the Solactive ISS SDG Leaders Index and the Solactive ISS SDG Aligned Index Series. These new indices mark the latest index-related addition to ISS ESG’s suite of solutions supporting investors as they seek to align their investments with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). For both series, potential constituents are drawn from the Solactive Global Benchmark Series (GBS) of indices. Constituents are initially screened by ISS ESG based on the identification of verified ongoing failures to respect established norms and verified ongoing involvement in controversial weapons, and those engaged in those activities are excluded. Remaining companies are then selected for inclusion based on ISS’ ESG SDG Impact Ratings.
- Custom index solutions: Allows investors to combine ISS ESG’s proprietary data with an index provider of their choice. Investors can promote unique ESG strategies with broad insight and exclusive customized indices to meet individual investors’ objectives.
Where and how do you source your data?
Data is collected based on the sources and methodology used by each ISS ESG solution. ISS ESG data is typically derived from company filings, as well as ongoing event-driven data updates as reflected in public disclosure, press releases and company web sites.
Who are the data users?
Data is used by a broad range of institutional investors, asset managers, asset owners, fund managers, banks, government institutions, universities and research firms.
What is the cost for your data offering?
Pricing is based on the method by which data is delivered. ISS ESG can provide data via its proprietary platform, DataDesk, or via data feed. Pricing for this solution is available upon request.
What are the key attributes that differentiates the data you offer?
- Comprehensive and high quality data. ISS ESG’s comprehensive methodologies, supported by strict internal quality management systems, are based on recognized value systems that are continuously adapted to the latest developments and insights in the field of sustainability. Additionally, ISS ESG’s data is underpinned by feedback from the evaluated companies, which are given the opportunity to comment on the preliminary results and to provide additional information.
- Consultative development process with a wide range of index providers. ISS ESG has partnerships with a variety of index providers such as Solactive, STOXX, SIX, Nasdaq and the Hanover Stock Exchange.
- International expertise and local support. Exceptional client service is a hallmark of the ISS ESG business model with local research, consultants and operational support represented in a dedicated service team. The client support team builds the bridge for clients to the highly experienced team of analysts to help ensure that clients are supported by knowledgeable, skilled professionals to support business objectives.
@ISSESG collaborates with index providers globally to develop innovative index solutions based on a high quality, reliable and relevant #ESG data. Discover the right Index Solution for you: https://www.issgovernance.com/esg/index-solutions/