MSCI - ESG, Climate & Net-Zero Solutions
- Environmental data
- Social data
- Governance data
- Indices/Exchange data
- Climate Metrics
What data do you provide?
MSCI provides ESG and climate data, ratings, research, indexes, and analytical tools aimed at helping the world’s investors build better portfolios:
- AI-enhanced investment relevant ESG and climate insights for over 15,000 issuers, 700,000 securities, 198 countries/regions and 54,000 funds, ETFs and fund of funds
- SFDR Adverse Impact and EU Taxonomy Alignment metrics for over 10,000 issuers
- Over 1,500 equity and fixed income ESG and climate indexes
- Extensive climate and Net-Zero metrics and tools including climate scenario analysis, carbon management assessment, carbon emissions, clean tech metrics and fossil fuel screens
 MSCI Indexes and MSCI Analytics utilize information from, but are not provided by, MSCI ESG Research LLC. MSCI Equity Indexes are products of MSCI Inc. and are administered by MSCI UK Limited.
Where and how do you source your data?
MSCI’s 270+ ESG analysts use AI to extract investment-relevant insights from unstructured data. The analysts continuously evaluate ESG and climate risks including daily monitoring of 3,400 media publications and updates from public documents and third-party datasets.
On average, 45% of the data that influences the MSCI ESG Rating is not provided by the company, but sourced by analysts:
- 45% Alternative data sources
- 35% Voluntary Company Disclosures
- 20% Mandatory Company Disclosures
MSCI’s ESG Ratings model, which is publicly available, is frequently recalibrated to capture new and emerging risks most relevant to a company’s core business. MSCI has 14+ years ESG ratings time series data.
 MSCI ESG Research 2,434 constituents of the MSCI ACWI Index as of November 30, 2017.
Who are the data users?
Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Consultants/Advisors, Banks, Insurance, Wealth Managers and Corporates
What is the cost for your data offering?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org