Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. - Energy & Extractives Screening
What data do you provide?
ISS ESG’s comprehensive Energy & Extractives Screening assess a company’s exposure to oil, gas, unconventional drilling methods, and renewable energy.
Screens cover the following topics:
- Comprehensive fossil fuel screen, assessing exposure to oil, gas, thermal and metallurgic coal.
- Standalone coal mining screens, separating revenues from metallurgical and thermal coal.
- Unconventional drilling method screens, including oil sands, arctic drilling, and hydraulic fracturing.
- Nuclear power
- Carbon reserves, including proven, probable, possible, and/or recoverable coal, oil and natural gas reserves for companies that rank among the top 200 global corporations with the most coal or oil and gas reserves.
- Renewable energy/power generation screens, including capacity, output, and revenues by fuel type including solar, wind, biomass and geothermal.
Where and how do you source your data?
Energy & Extractives Screening data and estimates are based on the most recent annual report and/or financial filings, published company information, expert sources, reputable media sources, non-governmental organisations reports, or information provided by the company in response to direct inquiries.