The potential and integrity imperative of algorithmic data solutions for net-zero
Recent advances in Earth Observation science have unlocked new solutions that bring unprecedented transparency and quality to natural capital accounting. Algorithmic in nature, they support the transition to net-zero with more speed, scale and integrity.
CDL first in Southest Asia to apply two-pillar ESG disclosure framework in its integrated sustainability report
CDL's 16th Integrated Sustainability Report applies a two-pillar reporting framework that harmonises nine key ESG reporting standards and 14 UN SDGs, supporting the harmonisation of the global sustainability reporting landscape.
Fixing opacity when using voluntary carbon credits in SLBs
Voluntary carbon credits are once more in the limelight. Nonetheless, little attention is paid to the use of these credits in sustainable finance, write Cédric Merle, Gratien Davasse and Erwan Tobie
Seizing the nature investment opportunity
Climate Asset Management has just raised $650 million for its two natural capital investment strategies. Martin Berg, the chief investment officer of its Nature Based Carbon Strategy, explains its approach
Measuring the biodiversity footprint of a portfolio
Elodie Milleret, Iceberg Data Lab's lead biodiversity expert gives an overview of Iceberg's Corporate Biodiversity Footprint (CBF) measurement tool
The role of investors in reversing deforestation
Commodity-driven deforestation poses significant risks to companies and their investors, write Ingrid Kukuljan and Sonya Likhtman
Natural selection: the investment case for addressing biodiversity loss
Investment opportunities are emerging to reduce pressure on biodiversity - although nature restoration is proving thornier, say Lisa Beauvilain, global head of sustainability and stewardship, and Chris Dodwell, head of policy and advocacy, at Impax Asset Management
Putting a price on the priceless
Quantifying Nature is developing a platform that will enable companies and investors to understand their assets' value at risk from degrading nature. Its CEO Adrien Firmenich and head of biodiversity Minerva Singh explain
Verra's director of sustainable development innovation Sinclair Vincent discusses a new nature crediting framework that the standards-setting body is developing.
MSCI ESG and Climate Trends to Watch for 2023
MSCI ESG Research's latest report looks at how some of the major global developments may shape the investment environment and impact the challenges and opportunities facing companies in the year ahead.
- Largest asset manager ESG funds oppose biodiversity proposals
- ESMA: Enhance transition finance to prevent greenwashing
- Biodiversity funding database FIRE prepares for launch
- Voluntary carbon markets not "going to be perfect", says VCMI
- 'Ground-breaking' CSDDD rule secures European Parliament approval
- People moves, 2 June: including BNY Mellon, GIIN, TNFD ... and more.
- Swedbank invests in biodiversity credit pilot and says market could exist in a year
- Electrification: The biggest opportunity in the history of capitalism?
- ESMA, EIOPA: Regulatory frameworks causing greenwashing
- Jefferies: Investors need better water dependency data