MAS urges insurers to help high emitters decarbonise22 March 2023
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has called for insurers to steer companies in the emissions intensive Asia-Pacific region towards more sustainable practices, as an executive warned insurers of high exposure to climate transition risks.
Resonance expands water strategy22 March 2023
BNP Paribas: EU needs 'much more' support for climate22 March 2023
Investors have been unconvinced by the EU's response to US support for industry that will drive the transition to a low-carbon economy, an analyst at BNP Paribas has said.
AllianzGI launches sustainability data product22 March 2023
Allianz Global Investors has launched a sustainability data product which it says will enable its investment teams to better navigate the "ever more challenging ESG data landscape".
Credit Suisse: Another headwind for 'green' AT1 bonds21 March 2023
The proposed wipe-out of additional tier 1 (AT1) bondholders as part of the Credit Suisse "merger" with UBS has sent prices of the limited 'green' AT1 issuances lower, providing a further headwind for the rare instrument.
FCA warning on ESG benchmarks 'to be welcomed by investors', says Osmosis21 March 2023
Osmosis Investment Management has welcomed a warning from the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) that it is prepared to take action to tackle poor disclosures by providers of ESG benchmarks.
Verra defends REDD forestry credits21 March 2023
The CEO of Verra has hit back at media reports criticising the firm's forestry standard, describing some of the claims as preposterous.
IPCC report an 'unequivocal case for action', says Impax21 March 2023
The latest report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) presents the "unequivocal case for action" needed to reduce the ambition gap, Impax Asset Management has told Environmental Finance.
UK FCA warns of action on ESG benchmark failings21 March 2023
The UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned it is prepared to take action to tackle poor disclosures by providers of ESG benchmarks, as it identified failings in several areas by all providers.
Redwheel sells H&M over climate transition 'warning flag'21 March 2023
Redwheel's global equity fund has sold its shares in clothing company H&M over a 'warning flag' that it was not doing enough to reduce its climate impact.
- TNFD reveals first 14 core disclosure metrics
- NatureVest: Demand for biodiversity credits outstripping supply
- Bond investors 'now pricing in' oil and gas firm climate strategies
- TNFD to release disclosure metrics next week
- Sovereign SLBs are 'good hedge' against sustainability policy changes
- MSCI ESG ratings downgrade "not enough", says Impact Cubed
- Exclusive: Jupiter to close sustainable bond funds
- Unclear reporting standards proving difficult for SMEs, says DBS
- Blended finance in nature 'the opportunity of our time', says GIM
- Australian investors call for energy transition authority