05 October 2018
Some of the leading experts in sustainable finance are to speak at Environmental Finance's Green Equities conference, in conjunction with the City of London's Green Finance Initiative this month.
The leading lights of companies including Aviva Investors, Axa Investment Managers, Brunel Pension Partnership and Mercer will discuss some of the key environmental themes facing investors, such as the ramifications of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), the EU's sustainable finance action plan and the growing sophistication of environmental, social and governance (ESG) data.
For example, the first panel, on the TCFD, features:
- David Russell, head of responsible investment at USS Investment Management;
- Diandra Soobiah, head of responsible investment at NEST;
- Ian Simm, CEO of Impax Asset Management;
- Sir Roger Gifford, chair of the Green Finance Initiative; and
- Mardi McBrien, managing director at Climate Disclosure Standards Board.
There will be keynotes from Carl Cederberg, CEO of the Church of Sweden Pension Fund, which has divested fossil fuels, and Manjula Lee, founder and CEO of World Wide Generation on the role of fintech in advancing climate and sustainability goals.
The day will partly be split into two streams. One, on listed equities, will explore themes such as decarbonising passive portfolios, how investors can set climate goals and integrate environmental concerns into mandates, and the growing sophistication of ESG data.
A separate stream dedicated to private equity will feature panels on the approaches of general partners and limited partners to climate, the regulatory and legal aspects of ESG, and a look at some of the private equity-backed solution providers to environmental problems.
To view the agenda on the conference, in London on 16 October, click here.
A full list of speakers follows:
- Aine Kelly, Non Executive Director, Impax Environmental Market
- Adam Matthews, Co-Chair of TPI, Head of Engagement of the Church Commissioners and Church of England Pensions Board
- Alex Scott, Partner, Pantheon Ventures
- Alvar de Wolff, Director, CSR, Bregal Investments
- Boyan Filev, Co-Head of Quantitative Equities, Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Carl Cederberg, CEO, Church of Sweden Pension Fund
- Cecilia Cisana, Director of Client Relations, Sustainalytics
- David Harris, Group Head of Sustainable Business - London Stock Exchange Group & Head of Sustainable Investment, FTSE Russell
- David Russell, Head of Responsible Investment, USS Investment Management
- Diandra Soobiah, Head of Responsible Investment, NEST
- Dawn Turner, CEO, Brunel Pension Partnership
- Graeme Ardus, Head of ESG, Triton Partners
- George Potts, Investment Partner, NorthEdge Capital
- Ian Simm, CEO, Impax Asset Management
- Jaakko Kiander, Chief Communications Officer and Former CFO, Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Jim Totty, Managing Partner, Sustainable Technology Investors
- Kate Archer, Associate Infrastructure, GRESB
- Kirsty Hamilton, Associate Fellow, Energy, Environment and Resources, Chatham House
- Lise Moret, Head of Climate Strategy and Sustainability Standards, AXA Investment Managers
- Mark Campanale, Founder & Executive Director, Carbon Tracker Initiative
- Marc Guyot, Head of ESG, LBO France
- Manjula Lee, Founder and CEO, World Wide Generation
- Michael Marshall, Director of Responsible Investment & Engagement, LGPS Central
- Mardi McBrien, Managing Director, Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB)
- Matthew Smith, Head of Sustainable Investment, Storebrand Asset Management
- Marte Siri Storaker, Advisor, Responsible Investments, KLP Kapitalforvaltning
- Owen Thorne, Portfolio Manager – Monitoring & Responsible Investment, Merseyside Pension Fund
- Peter Bachmann, Director, Scottish Equity Partners
- Richard Mattison, CEO, Trucost
- Sir Roger Gifford, Chairman,Green Finance Initiative
- Rachel Ward, Head of Policy, IIGCC
- Stuart Doole, Global Head of New Product Development Index Research, MSCI
- Simon Faure, Investment Director, M&G Private Funds Investment
- Sian Ferguson, Trust Executive, Ashden Trust, Mark Leonard Trust and JJ Charitable Trust
- Sarika Goel, Responsible Investment Consultant, Mercer
- Tegwen Le Berthe, Senior Equity Investment Specialist, Head of ESG Development, CPR Asset Management
- Tom Burke, Chairman, E3G
- Thomas Tayler, Senior Counsel, Aviva Investors