12 April 2017
Nominations are now being accepted for the tenth annual Environmental Finance Deals of the Year awards.
These global awards recognise excellence in the application of capital markets know-how to addressing environmental problems.
The aim is to identify extraordinary deals that have made an important or noteworthy contribution to solving an environmental problem. For example, transactions that were the first of their kind; used an innovative financial structure; helped attract new types of investor; or helped open up new markets to investors.
To qualify, deals must have closed during 2016. Winners will be revealed in the Summer edition of the magazine.
The categories are:
- IPO of the Year
- M&A Deal of the Year
- Personality of the Year
- Wind Energy Financing of the Year
- Solar Power Financing of the Year
- Bioenergy Financing of the Year
- Other Renewable Energy Financing of the Year
- Energy Efficiency Financing of the Year
- Carbon Finance Transaction of the Year
- Water Finance Transaction of the Year
- Environmental Bond of the Year (unlabelled green bonds only)
- Sustainable Forestry Transaction of the Year
- Weather Risk Management Transaction of the Year
- Catastrophe Risk Management Transaction of the Year
Last year’s winners include the IPO of 8point3 Energy Partners and the securitisation of energy efficiency loans by Citi and Renew Financial. Mark Carney, governor of the Bank of England, scooped Personality of the Year for his warnings about the financial impact of climate change and the launch of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures.
Voting closes 12 May 2017.